Do you drink orange juice?

Kirby

When I was growing up we always had a small glass of orange juice for breakfast.  The juice was usually made from concentrate because we had a small refrigerator, but my parents always had juice with breakfast.   But now people focus on the sugar in juice and the overall sales of orange juice have decreased.

So what about you?  Do you drink orange juice in the morning?

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

Rarely followed by never. I liked it as a kid, but not as an adult. It’s a sugar bomb for your gut. I get vitamin C from other foods I eat, like peppers. I eat oranges and grapefruit but not much of a juice drinker. Smoothies are suspect too. I’ll drink smoothies when I have no teeth. 

• Heart 2

Speaking of oranges... season is about petered out... They are getting more expensive & quality is dropping.  It’s getting into that time of year where winter fruits are done but summer fruits aren’t in season yet.

The blossoms on our backyard trees smell heavenly right now too.

• Heart 1

45 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah that’s why I cut it with fizzy water.  I drink maybe 1/3 of a glass the rest water maybe 2X a week.   Probably still like 2 servings... 

Before I was diagnosed I drank orange juice out of the vending machine almost every day. I never looked at the nutrition facts and then after diagnosis I found out that most orange juices contain more sugar than bottles of soda 

• Heart 3

4 hours ago, Kirby said:

When I was growing up we always had a small glass of orange juice for breakfast.  The juice was usually made from concentrate because we had a small refrigerator, but my parents always had juice with breakfast.   But now people focus on the sugar in juice and the overall sales of orange juice have decreased.

So what about you?  Do you drink orange juice in the morning?

I used to drink OJ and eat citrus fruits often but it doesn't agree with my type-II diabetes.

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

We drink OJ a few times a week.

That depends on what you buy.  The OJ we buy is only OJ... Nothing added.

image.png.266721c88d2ecf4c1c06dcc1ac5a0b18.png

When your stuck at work all day you tend to buy what ever is available in the vending machine 

• Heart 2

Do I live in Florida?

Having grown up in grove country, not only did I drink it...but freshly picked and peeled

Fast forward to today, I drink a small glass every day. Never concentrate based juice! Prefer pulp in it rather than pulpless. Among the "Not from Concentrate" the least favorite is the Simply Orange. Minute Made and Florida Natural are OK as well as many of the house brands. I really like Aldi's which is also the least expensive. Also Costco's gallon is hit or miss. It has the most natural fresh squeezed taste but quality control is an issue. If you get one rotten orange in the batch it taints the entire batch, and they seem to have a problem with that that others don't.

• Heart 1

Just now, Bikeguy said:

Yeah...  we had some vending machines too at work. :(   All the crap I ate over the years...  

I'm still trying to figure out if the vending machine lunch kept me alive or shortened my lifespan. 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, BR46 said:

Before I was diagnosed I drank orange juice out of the vending machine almost every day. I never looked at the nutrition facts and then after diagnosis I found out that most orange juices contain more sugar than bottles of soda 

For the most part I follow @Square Wheels in that I don’t drink calories.  The only calories I do drink is that glass of fizzy water & OJ a couple of times a week.  

I actually limit all non fruit carbs from my diet as I know there is no way I can avoid fruit. I severely limit bread, pasta, rice potato & such as I know I’m gonna eat an apple for lunch, an Orange after dinner, some berries when I get home from work & that OJ.