Petite and I are going drinking together!

Kirby

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Well at least it will almost be like we're drinking together when we're drinking out of our Texas glasses!  Thank you to the Dallas branch of the Sunshine Committee!  This made my day!   I will think kindly of my years living in Dallas when I drink out of these!

IMG_6898[1].JPG

Wonderful glass!

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Petite and I drank together once. We will have to do it again.

I think the last time petite and I drank together it was iodine water. It may have been something better on the train. I remember I was drinking Stone IPA but I don’t remember what she had.

• Heart 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Petite’s Big Adventure, the national parks service poisons the pump water with iodine to kill everyone the bacteria.

In other words...Don't drink the water! Drink beer, or if have to drink water, a solid case for bringing bottled water.

31 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

In other words...Don't drink the water! Drink beer, or if have to drink water, a solid case for bringing bottled water.

Everyone else drank it and didn't die. I had extra storage so I carried a lot of bottled water. Nasty tasting stuff, the taste/smell stays in your water bottle. I drank it for one day that first time I traveled the C&O, never again.

The tea in the pic of our glasses is just what the restaurant was serving when I visited St Paul and Petite was kind enough to take me on a tour even though the weather was freezing.  We ended up having lunch at a restaurant in a pretty building in a park. Even though that was just the restaurant tea, there is a tea connection as well.  Petite had recommended Tea Source, a Minnesota tea store to me before.  I had ordered online a number of times, but when I visited she took me to the store in person.  Their MInnesota Nice Tea makes a lovely, summery iced tea.