It's a Rap

Square Wheels

At my gym, the people who program the music are insane.  They play good oldies rock one day, then rap the next then country on another day.  

I guess I don't appreciate rap.  Really, what idiots write this crap?  It seems like they will use any word out there if it even remotely rhymes with the prior line.

Here are some of the lyrics:

I like the way you walkin’ if you walkin’ my way
I’m that red bull, now let’s fly away
Let’s buy a place with all kinds of space
I’ll let you be the judge and I’m the case
I’m Gudda Gudda, I put her under
I see me with her, no Stevie Wonder
She don’t even wonder, cause she know she bad
And I got her, n*gga. Grocery bags

The Chilton story got me thinking we could write a pretty good rap song.  As people post below I can compile it into this first pot.

Let's write a rap song using these topics:

cycling

tea

bacon

gates

Iron Man

The Chilton story got me thinking we could write a pretty good rap song.  As people post below I can compile it into this first pot.

Let's write a rap song using these topics:

cycling

tea

bacon

gates

Iron Man

You forgot hookers and blow.  Oh wait... rap already has that covered.

In all seriousness, I had a HUGE crush on him in middle school.  He's so fine, he blows my mind.  Also, had a thing for Shaun Cassidy too.  

:wub:

When I as in middle school, the girls thought I looked like him. You'd have thought that I'd have liked the attention it garnered, but I didn't. And that was when I swam regularly and my hair was a fairly blonde shade of light brown being bleached by the chlorine. :-)

When I as in middle school, the girls thought I looked like him. You'd have thought that I'd have liked the attention it garnered, but I didn't. And that was when I swam regularly and my hair was a fairly blonde shade of light brown being bleached by the chlorine. :-)

How YOU doin?   ;)

• Heart 2

Is this the rap song you had in mind?

The Iron Man crashed through the gate
If he fell off his bike, he was going to be late
He had gorged himself on bacon and tea
Now he had to find a shower because he had to pee...

Sweet! I didn't know Canadians could rap! :D

I'm trying to learn the American vernacular. This includes attempting to rap without the use of the word "eh?"

Destination...you from Windsor? The "eh" is rarely used in Windsor. Ever go to the Windsor Ballet?

Nope, I'm not from Windsor. I live in the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia.

Yeah....I know. I was being an smartyass.

A number of years ago, I was out to B. C. for work. Vancouver and then up to Kelowna. Beautiful country.

It sounds like a misguided and ill-fated attempt to keep everyone happy, but actually it probably pisses off everyone, like most compromises!  Rap is the one music genre that I cannot appreciate very much.  I have gotten surprisingly appreciative of some country music, although there is much of the super-twangy variety that still annoys me greatly.  But I love stuff like Drive By Truckers, Lyle Lovett, Shelby Lynne of course, kd lang - all ones who sort of crossed over into pop and rock a touch, like Wilco with the original alt country thing. 

Rap has made a few inroads, but mostly I think it sucks!  Blondie doing Rapture I could take. :D

It sounds like a misguided and ill-fated attempt to keep everyone happy, but actually it probably pisses off everyone, like most compromises!  Rap is the one music genre that I cannot appreciate very much.  I have gotten surprisingly appreciative of some country music, although there is much of the super-twangy variety that still annoys me greatly.  But I love stuff like Drive By Truckers, Lyle Lovett, Shelby Lynne of course, kd lang - all ones who sort of crossed over into pop and rock a touch, like Wilco with the original alt country thing. 

Rap has made a few inroads, but mostly I think it sucks!  Blondie doing Rapture I could take. :D

I thought this thread was about Canadians... :D