Do you think Frosted Flakes are really great?

Randomguy

21 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It says so on the box, but I feel that they taste pretty ok.  I think they would have to be thicker and more sugary to be considered great.

"Great" relative to what? Other cereals? All other foods?

On the "just against other cereals" the answer is no.  Too many other competitors that I would choose before choosing them.  I like them, so they are "good", but not in the same league as many others.

Even against other foods - how could FF even try to compare to cake, ice cream, or donuts?

I have met Tony personally.  He lives not far from me and he is seen out an about from time to time.  Tony is a GREAT guy and well respected.  If he says they are GREAT then you can bet you last dollar that they are GREAT.

Not considering that he scared the crap out of daughter#1 when she was about 3 years old.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

"Great" relative to what? Other cereals? All other foods?

Just a nebulus 'great" (or G-r-r-r-e-a-t or somesuch).  Great for what ails you, maybe, or greater than a kick in the teeth is another possible interpretation.  I think the claim is made based on interpretation.

The gf looks at them as ultimate comfort food for some reason.  I have had an unopened box for her for a couple of weeks, but just got into it and ate 4 bowls simply because I felt uneasy.  I don't feel comforted, but I do feel stuffed.  It was ok because it was there.  I might look at it differently if I was in the hospital, I suppose.

There was a Mexican Restaurant that made fried ice cream with Frosted Flakes, crushed Red Hot candies and honey as a coating for the Real vanilla ice cream. Very quick deep fry then topped with a little chocolate syrup and whipped cream. 
The restaurant is a credit union now. Every once in a while we will drive past and remember their fried ice cream!

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

You forgot to use the word "crunchberry".

YUCK!

One of my older sisters had more influence than me on what cereals got purchased at the grocery store.  She would always ask for Crunchberries, and I think to adults - back then - Cap'n Crunch with or without Crunchberries didn't matter.  :angry:  They'd buy the damn Crunchberry version and I would have to pick them out before adding my milk. It was BS!  Close to child abuse.

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

YUCK!

One of my older sisters had more influence than me on what cereals got purchased at the grocery store.  She would always ask for Crunchberries, and I think to adults - back then - Cap'n Crunch with or without Crunchberries didn't matter.  :angry:  They'd buy the damn Crunchberry version and I would have to pick them out before adding my milk. It was BS!  Close to child abuse.

Captain Crunch was inedible without the crunchberries, I always knew this was near-universal truth.  Only perverts or future prison inmates would buy them without the crunchberries. 

I assume you are both.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Captain Crunch was inedible without the crunchberries, I always knew this was near-universal truth.  Only perverts or future prison inmates would buy them without the crunchberries. 

I assume you are both.

The berries in that stuff are so gross.  Don't get me started on that.  

You are a monster.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I assume you are both.

Pretty sure I’m one of them 

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

The fake berry flavor is so wrong.  It is almost as bad as Cherry Coke.

:o

Crunchberries are real, and probably growing in Klamath Falls, or Frostbite Falls.  All Coke products taste like ass poured in a bag made of ass sphincters sewn together.