Need a tracking app

smudge

5 hours ago, smudge said:

DoSmudge1 is running a half marathon this weekend. DoSmudge2 and I need a reliable tracking app to follow her. (For fun and cheering)  We've used the roadID app, but it fails a lot. Suggestions please.

Does the race itself have a tracking app? They have become more common and helpful. 

When my son first started running half marathons, we could hit checkpoints with the car and see him a few times a race. As he got faster, it got down to a couple points. When he ran Twin Cities marathon, we were able to see the start and the first 3 checkpoints, but he kept getting there faster. The last point, we barely got to the side of the course and he was passing by, We decided to just park, grab a coffee and wait for him at the finish. We only had to wait a few minutes for him, there! 

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, smudge said:

She will be running in Grand Rapids. I am in the Yoop. DoSmudge2 is in California. Technology keeps us close and supporting each other's endeavors. 

Ah...not there in PERSON!  So tracking online is the only way you can see where she is.

How about...FACETIME!!!!  Maybe she can rig up her phone so you can see the race ahead of her and a selfie as well.  Be there LIVE!

Endomondo app works great on any phone and lets you track others. My wife makes me use it ever since my heart problems showed up. She keeps a close eye on me. If I stop moving for more than a minute or two, she calls to see if I'm still alive.

• Heart 1

41 minutes ago, smudge said:

Grand Rapids

Maybe she is doing the Rivertown Races event?  They might be too small to offer the whole enchilada of tracking, but it looks like they might have it.

What kind of timing device is used?

Trivium Racing will be using bib tags

Depending on your needs, our timing and event management services can include any of the following:

• Online registration setup and management
  • Data management
  • Online and onsite results
  • Live streaming results during event
  • Finish line arch with fenced finisher shoot
  • Digital finish line clock

Which leads to:

image.thumb.png.059eaecc8db8a0083a5ea54a4a8aa0b2.png

23 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

Endomondo app works great on any phone and lets you track others. My wife makes me use it ever since my heart problems showed up. She keeps a close eye on me. If I stop moving for more than a minute or two, she calls to see if I'm still alive.

Yeah, that would get annoying after the first call.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UglyBob said:

Change your voicemail response - We're sorry, the account for the person you are trying to reach has been canceled.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1