I'd drive one of these

Gump

I was talking to my husband and my friend about cars.  We chatted about Ferraris.  The boys had to explain to me that luxury cars are really expensive to maintain.  I had no idea about that.  So naive here.  

They were laughing at me.  "It's not a volkswagon, girl."   :mellow:

My dream car, Bugatti Veyron.

I found this statement about the cost of one:

The second worry you will have after shelling out $1 million for this car and handling its yearly routine cost of $21,000.00 will be the cost of its tires which are quite expensive at $33,000 a set every 2500 miles which is why we anticipate that not many people will be driving these cars as often as they would like. The worst part is that not only will you pay $30,000+ for tires but expect to pay $50,000+ every 10,000 miles for a new set of wheels on top of the tire costs.

My dream car, Bugatti Veyron.

I found this statement about the cost of one:

The second worry you will have after shelling out $1 million for this car and handling its yearly routine cost of $21,000.00 will be the cost of its tires which are quite expensive at $33,000 a set every 2500 miles which is why we anticipate that not many people will be driving these cars as often as they would like. The worst part is that not only will you pay $30,000+ for tires but expect to pay $50,000+ every 10,000 miles for a new set of wheels on top of the tire costs.

So at 20k the Niva is a bargain.

Back in the day a good friend of mine drove a Ferrari 308 GTS and GTSB Quattrovalvole.   He drove them hard and broke them at times.  I remember the shop having to order special tools that were specific to that engine from Ferrari.  If I recall correctly, one tool they had to order when repairing the engine after he dropped a valve cost more than the Chevy El Camino I was driving at the time.

Back in the day a good friend of mine drove a Ferrari 308 GTS and GTSB Quattrovalvole.   He drove them hard and broke them at times.  I remember the shop having to order special tools that were specific to that engine from Ferrari.  If I recall correctly, one tool they had to order when repairing the engine after he dropped a valve cost more than the Chevy El Camino I was driving at the time.

$582 ?

I was talking to my husband and my friend about cars.  We chatted about Ferraris.  The boys had to explain to me that luxury cars are really expensive to maintain.  I had no idea about that.  So naive here.  

They were laughing at me.  "It's not a volkswagon, girl."   :mellow:

VW's are expensive to repair compared to domestic cars. My brother had a Passat wagon...great car, but parts costs were ridiculasss.