My “Vacation”

ChrisL

11 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

So I’m having a wonderful vacation.... I took the week off as we are having our floors done.  

Last weekend was spent getting nearly everything out of the house. The flooring foreman said we didn’t have to move a thing but... the more we get out the faster they will be.  So everything but our bed, the couch & dining room furniture is out.  Damn that’s a lot of shit...

Sort of in the same boat - painting, repairs, carpeting, staging, photos, etc.. are on the list this week and next, so we are all sorts of discombobulated right now.  It is nuts. But, still, CA is a vacation to me once 2pm rolls around and I am free to go do stuff.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Sort of in the same boat - painting, repairs, carpeting, staging, photos, etc.. are on the list this week and next, so we are all sorts of discombobulated right now.  It is nuts. But, still, CA is a vacation to me once 2pm rolls around and I am free to go do stuff.

I didn’t think this through very well... All my riding kit is in the garage buried by house stuff and there is so much shit in 1/2 my garage, (the 1/2 where my bikes hang) I cant even get to my bikes...  Not that I could ride anyway...

Oh hey on a side note.... This is the May gray/June gloom I often mention. Cool & cloudy is the order of the day but it does seem a bit early this year.  

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Oh hey on a side note.... This is the May gray/June gloom I often mention. Cool & cloudy is the order of the day but it does seem a bit early this year.  

Yesterday was definitely gray all day.  I was stuck in work and had other stuff (board meeting, house stuff, etc.) that ate up my day anyway, so no ride, and today looks better, but a vaccine appt at 3pm makes a ride less likely again.  Hopefully, Thurs sees me okay from the shot and able to ride, but we'll have to see.  And, yes, stuff gets all mixed up and buried every time we have to reshuffle stuff for house work :angry:  My wife's bike is in the living room covered with a tarp, as the garage got a lot of attention this week, and now we will be shifting stuff from the house to the garage to facilitate the carpet and other work.  A ZOO!

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yesterday was definitely gray all day.  I was stuck in work and had other stuff (board meeting, house stuff, etc.) that ate up my day anyway, so no ride, and today looks better, but a vaccine appt at 3pm makes a ride less likely again.  Hopefully, Thurs sees me okay from the shot and able to ride, but we'll have to see.  And, yes, stuff gets all mixed up and buried every time we have to reshuffle stuff for house work :angry:  My wife's bike is in the living room covered with a tarp, as the garage got a lot of attention this week, and now we will be shifting stuff from the house to the garage to facilitate the carpet and other work.  A ZOO!

A zoo indeed!  My riding kit is somewhere behind my sons mattress...

B0914264-063B-4D8B-92EE-9E290156C6B6.thumb.jpeg.1fbf06fc780c5ff686c4f64ee4db89c7.jpeg

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, denniS said:

Open that box and you can poop in your garage if needed. 

My neighbor let us use his bathroom yesterday when they had all 3 toilets off.  My one neighbor is a good dude, I always hook him up with soup. He loves my pea soup.

Hang in there! We did that 10 years ago when we put new flooring in our front room, bedroom and hallway. Slept on the couch a couple nights. 
We are going to LVP our kitchen, dining room and family room if we have the money after getting the outside stuff done 

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

I'll take that Bianchi off your hands....just sayin

The LVT has been a game changer in flooring. It looks great (mostly). There is some budget stuff that is meh

Yeah we were really surprised how far the materials have come since the Pergo we installed 20+ years ago.

Which one? The Celeste one is my wife’s and is her daily driver.  The nude carbon one is mine and it’s actually been semi retired due to all of the MTB & gravel riding I’m doing.  Not sure I’m ready to unload it tho...

Buried behind all that crap is a 2018 Fuji Cross 1.7 I’ll probably unload at some point.

• Heart 1

39 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Celeste is the only color for Bianchi.

hey...I didn't make the rules.

I struggled hard with the purchase.  Celeste in my size was sold out.  The only other options were red, white & nude carbon so I went with the nude carbon.  Lesser of 3 evils.

But I do get a lot of comments both to the positive and negative on the color choice.

• Heart 1