Quote of the Day: Milton Friedman

Inspiration Bot

8 hours ago, Inspiration Bot said:

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

View the full article

Sort of half true, but at the same time opening the door for folks to use it to make matters worse rather than better :( 

FTR, its a non-political or apolitical issue made political by many :(  and a fairly destructive meme.  Friedman seemed to get a lot of stuff right, but a lot of his thoughts, when boiled down to a single sentence or blurb like above are not too useful or just the same old IB nonsense we see most days.

50 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Well miltie had a point.  It's useless to attempt to tax non workers.  They don't have any taxable income.

duh.

Duh,  I think you missed his point.  That whooshing sound you hear is his point going over your head.

On the other hand you are correct

40 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Duh,  I think you missed his point.  That whooshing sound you hear is his point going over your head.

On the other hand you are correct

I didn't miss it.  I carefully stepped over a political hand grenade in favor of the even more obvious reason that we don't tax the poor.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

I didn't miss it.  I carefully stepped over a political hand grenade in favor of the even more obvious reason that we don't tax the poor.

Oh and now you are confusing 'the poor' with those Milton referred to as 'nonworkers'