ARGH!!! They Are Multiplying!

Razors Edge

...or, at least, running in packs now!

I went out on the patio last night, and heard a dog snarling.  I looked around for it thinking it would be up in one of the fenced in yards on the hill.  I didn't see it, but then I thought maybe I should keep my eyes on the area where the coyote was the other day.  Sure enough, a minute later, out popped a coyote.  Then another! And another! And finally one more!  Four grown coyotes rolling by as a pack.  First off to the north, then back to the south, along the path they have made in the grass.  This little rabbit is likely the reason they hang out around here.

IMG_9919.thumb.jpg.33f51460e2caac6ee418da46a52b8b08.jpg

IMG_9925.thumb.jpg.09c0a6d5a2f262148ff572fb4fcdacf7.jpg

64014616422__A374A26C-311C-428E-8D5E-E18CFF8E2FB3.thumb.jpg.946c3ca7ab1fe1953ef2b9c7a318c74e.jpg

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, 12string said:

Don't worry, the scary rabbit will be gone soon

It is funny.  This is my MiL's place we are at for a few days as the other place is being worked on (painting, carpet, etc).  The patio is GLORIOUS with a northwest view of Camp Pendleton in the distance (acres of undeveloped rolling hills).  We sit out there and the birds (California Quails and hummingbirds and others) come out at very specific times, and then the bunnies come out for a while, and eventually, the coyotes show up.  The coyotes - when you see them - are a distance away, but who knows where they are when we don't see them!

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It is funny.  This is my MiL's place we are at for a few days as the other place is being worked on (painting, carpet, etc).  The patio is GLORIOUS with a northwest view of Camp Pendleton in the distance (acres of undeveloped rolling hills).  We sit out there and the birds (California Quails and hummingbirds and others) come out at very specific times, and then the bunnies come out for a while, and eventually, the coyotes show up.  The coyotes - when you see them - are a distance away, but who knows where they are when we don't see them!

Very rarely do we see a lone Coyote, they are almost always in a pack.   If you only see one there are sure to be more nearby.

• Envious 1

14 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

If you see more than 4 it's not the rabbit that they are looking for.

A few years back I popped out of a trail onto a remote & unused road.  I thought I saw a big German Shepherd off leash about 20 yards away & then realized it was a big coyote watching over a couple of smaller ones laying in the grass off the road.  

I was going to go the other way anyway but remember thinking shit I don’t think I can ride away from that one if it charges...  It just looked at me totally unconcerned as I rode off.