Prayers for my brother

BuffJim

A few years ago he was in Africa, I think Uganda, and got quite gastrointestinally sick. Misdiagnosed as malaria. Actually was Peritonitis, due to a burst appendix. Fortunately the antibiotics they gave him for malaria saved his life. He’s got 7 lives left. 

• Heart 2

Yikes, someone (thanks Cheese)  just pointed out to me that I had inadvertently hit the wrong emoji on the initial post.  Corrected now, but just wanted to mention it so that you knew it was unintentional.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

Prayers and Vibes sent.

Is he expected to become stable enough to be transferred to an American hospital or in another advanced nation?

When I was in China, I had insurance that would fly me to a hospital in Japan if I had a serious medical problem and moving me was possible.

• Hugs 1

26 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Crossing fingers Jim.  Sorry for this late response.

This is why you guys are beautiful and special. Your own loss but you still took the time to let BuffJim know you care about his brother. 

I wish I could hug you all. 

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1

13 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Here’s his latest text: Am in Paris at the Centre Cardiological Nord in St Denis. I suffered a serious heart attack. The two extra days in Sierra Leone helped me stabilize but serious damage to the heart has occurred.  Some muscle strength may be recoverable.  Tomorrow they likely will go in and learn more and maybe install a stent or two.

Sorry to read this Jim.  Serious heart damage is nothing to dismiss lightly.