My day was crazy...plus

petitepedal

So..at break time a resident mentioned a sewer gas smell on the first floor hall way..near apt 126 or 127..I left break early to check 126 was vacant and 129 has been out of town..sometime the water level drops in a toilet and you get a sewer smell...126 was ok..well 129..the kitchen sinks were both full of black smelly  yuck told maintenance and the cleared the drain..and the head said call one of the clean up companies. The guy got there within an hour..I called the maintenance guy to hear what he was saying...we are taking wall removal about 2 ft from the floor, flooring and carpet (only a small area of carpet got wet) one side of the kitchen cabinet damaged ..which in general would mean a kitchen re-do including flooring, paint,  all cabinets, and at least the living room floor. Maintenance guy says..I dont have time for that..just go.. he told me to call company #2. When I informed him I was waiting for a call back..he said guy #1 was nuts...then I reminded him what company #2 did when it was clean water. The owner has been mostly out of state and is returning on Monday...I talked to one of my bosses...she was in the building today..I know the maintenance guy is stressed and burnt out..I also know he got promoted to head of maintenance based on his time at the building and his knowledge..but he had no management experience...But you cannot splash some bleach on this and call it good.

Thanks I needed to vent..you guys can't fix this.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

So..at break time a resident mentioned a sewer gas smell on the first floor hall way..near apt 126 or 127..I left break early to check 126 was vacant and 129 has been out of town..sometime the water level drops in a toilet and you get a sewer smell...126 was ok..well 129..the kitchen sinks were both full of black smelly  yuck told maintenance and the cleared the drain..and the head said call one of the clean up companies. The guy got there within an hour..I called the maintenance guy to hear what he was saying...we are taking wall removal about 2 ft from the floor, flooring and carpet (only a small area of carpet got wet) one side of the kitchen cabinet damaged ..which in general would mean a kitchen re-do including flooring, paint,  all cabinets, and at least the living room floor. Maintenance guy says..I dont have time for that..just go.. he told me to call company #2. When I informed him I was waiting for a call back..he said guy #1 was nuts...then I reminded him what company #2 did when it was clean water. The owner has been mostly out of state and is returning on Monday...I talked to one of my bosses...she was in the building today..I know the maintenance guy is stressed and burnt out..I also know he got promoted to head of maintenance based on his time at the building and his knowledge..but he had no management experience...But you cannot splash some bleach on this and call it good.

Thanks I needed to vent..you guys can't fix this.

You are a diligent person, petite.