on PBS last night

bikeman564™

I've done the equivalent on snowmobiles many times. Had property in Ogemaw (Rose City) owned by my family. We'd start there go east to Tawas, stay at the Bambi something (it has been over 20 years maybe it's gone), then do the long ride west northwest to Grand Traverse bay. Friends had property there. 

We'd pull over for food breaks, build a fire, burn the hotdogs black and then eat the frozen burnt fuckers in all on the trailside. My grandfather for years kept a 80s Artic cat that would burn through plugs faster than the gas. He'd carry a case of them in the back storage. Would toss them on the trailside saying he was planting plug trees. Hillbilly camping at it's finest/best.

Lots of good memories. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

I've done the equivalent on snowmobiles many times. Had property in Ogemaw (Rose City) owned by my family. We'd start there go east to Tawas, stay at the Bambi something (it has been over 20 years maybe it's gone), then do the long ride west northwest to Grand Traverse bay. Friends had property there. 

We'd pull over for food breaks, build a fire, burn the hotdogs black and then eat the frozen burnt fuckers in all on the trailside. My grandfather for years kept a 80s Artic cat that would burn through plugs faster than the gas. He'd carry a case of them in the back storage. Would toss them on the trailside saying he was planting plug trees. Hillbilly camping at it's finest/best.

Lots of good memories. 

Very cool. I know Rose City. Faull Inn has good pizza :)

• Heart 1