I think Rite-Aid may have cheated me with a placebo

Road Runner
Go to solution Solved by dinneR,

So I've received both of my Pfizer shots and I have had no reaction at all, other than the usual sore shoulder.  I am beginning to wonder if I received the actual vaccine at all.  Maybe they just give you a shot of saline and then sell the actual vaccine on the black market.   :unsure:

I just heard that Pfizer is now saying we are going to need another shot in 9 months or so.   

• Solution
18 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

So I've received both of my Pfizer shots and I have had no reaction at all, other than the usual sore shoulder.  I am beginning to wonder if I received the actual vaccine at all.  Maybe they just give you a shot of saline and then sell the actual vaccine on the black market.   :unsure:

I just heard that Pfizer is now saying we are going to need another shot in 9 months or so.   

You could test it by licking door knobs.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Yeah, I've had both the Pfizer.  I had the same experience you did -- which is nothing. Only I went down to the hospital so depending on your point of view -- could be more or less interesting.

10 hours ago, Road Runner said:

hSo I've received both of my Pfizer shots and I have had no reaction at all, other than the usual sore shoulder.  I am beginning to wonder if I received the actual vaccine at all.  Maybe they just give you a shot of saline and then sell the actual vaccine on the black market.   :unsure:

Here's what Pfizer said, which isn't surprising since flu vaccinations are needed annually. It will depend on variants that may not respond to the current vaccines.

• Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will “likely” need a third dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated.
  • He also said it’s possible people will need to get vaccinated against the coronavirus annually.

“A likely scenario is that there will be likely a need for a third dose, somewhere between six and 12 months and then from there, there will be an annual revaccination, but all of that needs to be confirmed. And again, the variants will play a key role,” he told CNBC’s Bertha Coombs during an event with CVS Health.

“It is extremely important to suppress the pool of people that can be susceptible to the virus,” Bourla said.

The comment comes after Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky told CNBC in February that people may need to get vaccinated against Covid-19 annually, just like seasonal flu shots.

I got the two Pfizer shots from Walgreens.  The first shot resulted in a swollen shoulder that felt sore if I raised my arm staight out or upward. The pain was totally gone in a day and a half.  The 2nd shot had much less effect, but there was a little soreness touching the injection spot for four days.

My sister the nurse, who almost died of COVID in April 2020, had a severe reaction to the first shot a week ago, with a fever of 102.6° the next day, 100.4° the following day, then back to normal.  She expected it because her blood was so full of antibodies before getting the vaccine.

11 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Rite-Aid is still around?  :dontknow:

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

The guy who gave me the second shot said that most people have a more severe reaction to the second shot.  I've also read that same thing on various internet sites, but some here say otherwise.   :dontknow:    

I definitely wouldn't go with the people here unless it's Further, UglyBob, and every once in awhile maybe Mick. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Not everybody reacts.

Once there are more variants, and there will likely be lots, the current vaccine will be useless.

Even if it eventually provides zero protection against future variations (which I highly doubt), it won’t have been useless if it prevents you and others around you from getting sick now or over the next X number of months. And the faster people get vaccinated, the lower the rate of new mutations, so again, not useless. Quite useful, actually.

• Heart 1