Dryer Problem Resolved: I found a gas version

MickinMD

I bought a washer and electric dryer today only to learn from the contractor's interior expert, Kristi, that the house has already been wired and piped for a gas dryer.

Online, I saw there was also a gas version of the dryer sold by Lowes.  I called Lowe's and no one would pick up the phone in the Appliances department,

Kristi called the subcontractors and learned it would cost me $585 out of pocket to change things around.

So I jumped in my car and raced to Lowe's before the day-shift ended and the guys there were super-helpful.

Lowes had - in a warehouse and deliverable on 5/7 - that gas dryer version for $226 more.  So I did that instead of the $585 house-redo.

I got a really spectacular washer/dryer thanks to a $500-off sale and another $132 in my BiL's employee discount plus credit card cash back. The $2217.20 I spent - including $139.97 for an extended 3 year warranty - was only about $200 more than the max I expected to spend for a basic stacked unit.

But I was drooling over the features, including child lock, steam sanitize and wrinkle minimization in the dryer and remote control (smartphone app - for me, it's only really helpful function is to let me know when the washer/dryer is done) and "With Smart Pairing™, the washer can tell the dryer to select a compatible drying cycle."

It is a single stacked unit - not a separate dryer stacked on a separate washer with a stacking kit. So the controls are touch-screen in the middle between the washer and dryer (the black strip in the picture below) so someone short who buys my house in the 2030's doesn't have to reach high to reach the dryer controls as occurs on most stacked dryers.  The possible downside is that either the washer or dryer will need to be replaced because it can't be fixed at some point and I'd have to replace it all, but I'll take that fairly remote chance.

ProgramsJPG.JPG.f9c4746c19a4bcafd8dea12e24c3b209.JPG

311110382_LGSteamWasherDryer.thumb.JPG.c42a3d39be635bc75ac027c7988fa332.JPG