So, I realize how important it is for me to ride my bike.

MoseySusan

25 minutes ago, roadsue said:

I didn’t ride this week, and by Thursday I was kind of lost. 
Just a 12 mile ride this morning and I’ve got a vision for finishing up the school year. 
I can see how important my commute is to the work I do. 

I am glad you had this epiphany of sorts.

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Along those lines, I will not hire a yard service because the couple of hours a week that I spend tending the yard is my time to just think

For me, mowing the lawn, weed whacking, etc. is a good weekly workout.  My brother says that when he retires he's going to hire someone to maintain his yard. Considering finding someone to mow a 100' x 60' property with a house in the middle for less that $40 is rare, I told him the 1/2-3/4 hour of exercise is lucrative as well.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, roadsue said:

I didn’t ride this week, and by Thursday I was kind of lost. 
Just a 12 mile ride this morning and I’ve got a vision for finishing up the school year. 
I can see how important my commute is to the work I do. 

100% this.  Biking is a form of meditation and all things come together when we are out there.

• Heart 2

16 hours ago, Dottles said:

things come together when we are out there.

Yes. Clear-headed and capable of multi-tasking after riding to work. And the words flow. Friday morning I kept saying the wrong word or couldn’t come up with the word I meant. My brain needs a bike ride. 

• Heart 2

I know exactly what you are saying RS.  It has been 8 years last week since I last drove my car to work.  The bike rides are my time to think things through and to process what is/has been taking place. A couple years ago when I broke my bike frame beyond repair with one daughter just moving out, one daughter planning a wedding and a son still in University, I was hesitant to replace the bike because we needed the money for other things.  My wife told me to stop being an idiot and go get the bike.  She said I needed to leave my work stress on the road and not bring it home.

Plus, I am a little lazy and once I get home from work and make supper  and have a coffee, the last thing I want to do is go work out.  This way it is forced physical activity.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

I know exactly what you are saying RS.  It has been 8 years last week since I last drove my car to work.  The bike rides are my time to think things through and to process what is/has been taking place. A couple years ago when I broke my bike frame beyond repair with one daughter just moving out, one daughter planning a wedding and a son still in University, I was hesitant to replace the bike because we needed the money for other things.  My wife told me to stop being an idiot and go get the bike.  She said I needed to leave my work stress on the road and not bring it home.

Plus, I am a little lazy and once I get home from work and make supper  and have a coffee, the last thing I want to do is go work out.  This way it is forced physical activity.

Wow, that is a hell of a run!  Impressive!

• Heart 1