My dearie is gone forever

shootingstar

He died peacefully in his sleep a few days ago.  

My heart finds it hard to believe whenever I see his shoes and boots in closets, he won't come back.  

Sharing Love, Cycling Passion and Idiosyncrasies – Cycle Write Blog (wordpress.com)

He gave much to the cycling advocacy world in 2 major Canadian cities and loved it:  Jack Becker- Profile | Third Wave Cycling Blog (wordpress.com)  (yea, it's wordy)  About 70% of what he listed...was done in retirement. 

• Sad 24

13 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am so sorry, SS, this is so sad to hear!  I hope you are doing as well as possible under the circumstances, do you have friends or family close by that you can be with?

:(

Just 1 close friend right now living in city...she will drive me to the airport. There's probably a ton of stuff ahead to deal with.  Covid does make this more complicated.

It helps to have a sister-doctor....who has dealt with death, told me there's no point to pursue his wishes of donating his body to medicine....he was not alive for nearly whole day until I sensed something so deeply wrong he wasn't on his skype for 20+ hrs.  He has been incredibly consistent and reiiable for me and for others who he loved in his life.  

I had to call 911 from my city to 911 Vancvouer...where call was relayed to get the police to his home location.  Please check if this is the same for the states.  911 works this way across Canada...  customers see a tiny monthly fee in our phone bill (911 alerts).

I did speak with the coroner..who is wonderful feisty woman....a total opposite of what you would expect of a coroner.  

• Hugs 3

Sorry to hear of your loss and the impact on everyone who knew him. Based on your posts that I have read, he was a force and will be missed. I pray that you may find peace in the days ahead. Your comment on the feisty woman coroner struck a nerve with me. I met someone on Facebook who reached out to me because she thought I was someone else who she knew growing up in the area I currently live in. She is a coroner in Illinois and is very feisty herself. I didn't know her before, but I am glad that we made a connection, in a small way.

• Heart 1

I was so shocked to read your post, and so sorry for your loss.  A sudden death is peaceful for the person, but so hard for their loved ones to process.  You and all who loved him are in my prayers.

• Heart 2

@shootingstar, I am so saddened to hear of this. 😢. You have my deepest condolences and prayers as you traverse the days ahead.  I pray you find comfort and solace in the memories of the life and love you two shared. I’ve perused your blog a bit and I see the joy in the writing.

i learned today of @Longjohn‘s wife passing in March. Again, much sadness and condolences. 

Losing a life partner is so hard.  😔 

• Heart 4

14 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Your blog is such a lovely testament to him and some of the wonderful memories you shared.

I really enjoyed do that blog post about our lives together...and finding the right photos... Of course, I've sent the link to his adult children and brother.  For especially the children, they know their father loves cycling, it's part of daily life...but they may not know the quirky details.  A different side of him.  

We shouldn't never learn too late the natural gifts of our loved ones... This is why I wonder some bloggers hide their blog from their family and they aren't even writing of controversial stuff. Even the act of writing is a gift.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 2

SS - words can not express my sadness for your loss.  Losing a partner or any loved one is tremendously painful :(  My thoughts are with you and the family in this sad time, and I hope all of you embrace the wonderful legacy he has left behind.

It is amazing how both you and Longjohn brought their loved ones to this forum with stories and photos over the years.  While we never met "Dearie", I think we all know we would have loved the chance to take a ride with him (and you), to talk about your great adventures (some of his rides were EPIC), and to really just meet a man who lived a wonderful life full of adventure. Thanks for many years sharing his and your stories.  He will be missed, and we hope you don't stop sharing the stories of his life with us, as they always were interesting and fun to read.

Again, I am so sorry for you loss and hope you have a chance to grieve but also an opportunity to celebrate his wonderful life.

• Heart 2