So you want to talk Pantera

ChrisL

Have I ever mentioned the time I drove my bosses' yellow Pantera from Louisville Kentucky back to Chicago?

One morning when I got to work, my boss asked if I was willing to drive down to Louisville in his parent's station wagon, take a set of back tires for their Pantera, and make sure they made it back safely. His parents were driving back from Florida and the inside edges of the back tires were worn down to the cords. And apparently, tire stores don't stock 1973 Pantera back tires. :dontknow:

After I drove down, and we changed the tires in the motel parking lot, they asked if I would be willing to drive the Pantera home for them as their Buick Roadmaster was much more quiet and comfortable. It was fun for a while, but after a few hours on the interstate, I would have preferred to be in the station wagon too. :nodhead:

pantera.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, donkpow said:

You weren't doing it right.

That was a l-o-n-g day. The owner was following me in his Vette engined 350 Buick Roadmaster with similar HP to the the 351C motor in the Pantera. He even stayed with me when I'd kick it pulling out onto the expressway, so I wasn't too impressed  After a few hours the seating position got uncomfortable, it was twitchy, loud and a car that looks like that shouldn't sound like the Ford trucks we had at work. 

• Heart 1