Sunday morning activities

petitepedal

1 minute ago, Old No. 7 said:

Coffee and toast. Grabbed the loppers and small bow saw and went to work on the downed trees. Stacked some cut wood and then the union boss told me to take a break. Coffee and eggs for breakfast. Stack some more then a bike ride. Pics later 

Have you decided if you're going to stay put or move ?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Well...got my laundry going ( with zoom chuch at 10:15 I can do this) finishing my bathroom cleaning and drinking some tea...started my PT exercises...only other chore is running my vacuum...oh and planning lunches for the work week.

Yard work today, beginning between noon-1 pm - waiting for 60° weather.

I'm still recovering on paying an extra $250 to get a super-duper washer-dryer but it's going to be fun to fool with the complicated controls: the washer senses its load and tells the dryer what settings to use and both use steam to clean better or sanitize and minimize wrinkles.

The wait to get back in my house has been agonizing at times: hopefully it will be in May, 14+ months after the fire.  Still, getting new, big step-up for me in kitchen appliances and a great washer/dryer on the 1st floor instead of the basement makes things a little more tolerable. I have simple needs but my sister has been my primary advisor and she's been pushing me to get great stuff when it doesn't cost that much more and which will make the house more saleable in another 10 years or so when I decide do go for something easy to handle in my 80's.

I'm getting a refrigerator for the first time that has water and ice in the door, a dishwasher and garbage disposal I never had before, and a microwave above the oven hood.  The 4-burner gas ranges today come pretty standard with a long, 5th burner in the middle that will heat a long griddle and broiling is done near the top of the oven chamber instead of in a separate drawer at the bottom.  I have to pick one out next week.

• Heart 1

I went birdwatching in Newport News Virginia. Saw some Great Blue Herons, woodpeckers, Terns, Blue Jays, and a bright yellow bird that could have been a Prothonotary Warbler, but didn’t sit still long enough for me to get a good look at it. Not sure what we’re doing the rest of the day. Heading to the Outer Banks tomorrow. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

Are you feeling better, UB?  Scary. 

Yeah, I did have another round of the flushing today, but they warned me that might happen for a couple of days. I took another 50mg of Benadryl and conked out for three hours.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1