Noise complaints

BR46

They built a brand new apartment building in the downtown next to a bar that has bands on Saturday nights. Now that people are moving into the apartments the bar that's been there for 90 years is getting complaints about noise. 

What were they thinking when they moved into the apartment next to the tavern. 

• Heart 3

We have an airport near where I live, been there since the 1940’s as a commercial airport.  In the 1960’s the area under the take off zone boomed and it’s a high rent area in Newport Beach.

The rich & famous were unsuccessful in closing the airport but they keep trying. But they were successful in getting flight restrictions with no take off’s between the hours of 10 PM & 7 AM Mon - Sat & 8 AM on Sundays.

• Sad 1

We have 2 race tracks in the area that always receive noise complaints. The local dirt track has been running Saturday night stock cars for about 100 years and Road America been racing since 1955. There's a lot of new houses going up within 1000feet of Road America. 

I don't think that they should have a right to complain. The track was there first...the same with the airport. 

If I could I would build my dream home on the straightaway just before the braking zone going into turn 5 at Road America. Sitting on my deck with my morning coffee watching a big block vintage Can-Am car or a pack of Superbikes screaming at 16,000 rpm. :party:

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

We have an airport near where I live, been there since the 1940’s as a commercial airport.  In the 1960’s the area under the take off zone boomed and it’s a high rent area in Newport Beach.

The rich & famous were unsuccessful in closing the airport but they keep trying. But they were successful in getting flight restrictions with no take off’s between the hours of 10 PM & 7 AM Mon - Sat & 8 AM on Sundays.

Adding to my post as I forgot something... The rich & famous also got a take off noise abatement protocol put in place where the pilots take off at an extremely high angle, level off & cut power so as not to not disturb the rich & famous...

The pilots usually warn the passengers over the PA before take off as it’s like taking off on a roller coaster.

2 hours ago, 2Far said:

We have people down here who moved in next to horse barns & are complaining about the smell.

My brother the dairy farmer said years ago that he would never sell off building lots because of this.

The guy that he sells to may be a great guy, but if he moves the next guy may be a dick, and as soon as you start paying taxes your voice gets heard.

1 hour ago, Further said:

My brother the dairy farmer said years ago that he would never sell off building lots because of this.

The guy that he sells to may be a great guy, but if he moves the next guy may be a dick, and as soon as you start paying taxes your voice gets heard.

IIRC the new home owners were essentially told "Really?" and then ignored. Public derision followed.

59 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Adding to my post as I forgot something... The rich & famous also got a take off noise abatement protocol put in place where the pilots take off at an extremely high angle, level off & cut power so as not to not disturb the rich & famous...

The pilots usually warn the passengers over the PA before take off as it’s like taking off on a roller coaster.

Is this the same airport where they basically slam the planes down on landing? A friend was telling me about the structural failure rate of landing gear there. 

3 hours ago, 2Far said:

We have people down here who moved in next to horse barns & are complaining about the smell.

We live 1 mile from a feedlot. We knew it was there, but prevailing winds mean it’s not an issue very often. However many people who have moved in are making it an issue. Problem for them is the feedlot is outside of city limits and also has some grandfather clauses to protect it. 
I know the feedlot owner. He’s a decent guy. He understands it’s a matter of time before he will need to shut down the closest lots to town. He has been buying land further out and has built better facilities there. However, his business office, scales and other infrastructure are situated at the old site. I’m pretty sure he will settle in a suit if they compensate him for those expenses. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, groupw said:

@BR46 you should consider having a Suzuki RE5 to make a “race bike”. Rotary exhaust notes can be a real treat!

I think the Norton rotary has a cooler sounl then the RE5

Nothing tops the Mazda 787b 4 rotor for sound

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

29 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I wouldn't go that fast in my car.

And the they slowed them down. F-1 used to have 1000cc motors now they only run 600cc motors because they were starting to get over 200mph. The F-1 in the United States still run 1000cc but we don't have any race tracks with long enough strataways that the sidecars can get over 180mph.

The second sidecar in the video the monkey is riding Superman style. 

20210418_172858.thumb.jpg.8b5e2db810e6393d674877120425d9e6.jpg