Can you identify this car?

Prophet Zacharia

I believe that it's some variation of a Ford 1930 model A roadster.  Those headlights made appearances on both the roadster and the town car, but not all.  The grill has some Ford elements but the badging isn't clear.  The bumper matches the Ford roadster of that year.  

Only a guess (swag) however.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I'm leaning towards agreeing with the OP. The radiator medallion is squarish and the folding windscreen is consistent.

30745011053_4ba8d0df6e_b.jpg

I can go along with that.  The headlamp shades appear to be an accessory anyway as I've found them on several different cars from the late 20's. I had completely forgotten about Buick back then.  This question really had me scratching my head.

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

The Ford’s look a little boxier to me, and I can’t find any with the headlights.

3B0BD1AB-4B5F-4A1F-AB18-22BF1C926676.jpeg

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1930-ford-model-a-16/    However there was a restoration involved that may or may not have used original parts.

https://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/1930-model-a-ford-wraps-a-year-on-the-road/  This one is a Tudor however, not a roadster.

They are not part of the lamp but are an add on known as a "shade".  It may have been something that was used because the lamps back then did not have the sharp cut off that todays have to avoid blinding oncoming drivers.

The 1930 Ford Model A Roadster has the right bumper, but the 1928 Buick Standard has the folding windshield.

I once knew a guy who put a Chevy body on a Pontiac frame.  The state law went by the frame and so it was registered as a Pontiac.  The hoped he wouldn't get pulled over and asked for his registration.

10 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I believe that it's some variation of a Ford 1930 model A roadster.  Those headlights made appearances on both the roadster and the town car, but not all.  The grill has some Ford elements but the badging isn't clear.  The bumper matches the Ford roadster of that year.  

Only a guess (swag) however.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Ok, now that we think it’s a late 1920’s Buick.... does anyone else think my Grandfather looks a bit like Gomez Addams?!? 

I do not see Gomez Addams, I see a 1930 lawman of some sort.

BTW, I sent this to a buddy of mine that collects old cars to get his opinion.

• Heart 1