I am not ready

jsharr

I'm with you. The amount of bullshit I gotta handle this morning is beyond the normal Mondays. Example:

The incompetence of some of our infrastructure team in communicating changes to large swaths of our transactional databases were switching to new IP addresses and ports, which need to be port opened by security via a security review (2 day process) I now have 125 designated market areas not reporting any encoding data for any TV or Radio data. This is monumentally bad. We're gonna miss our SLAs to many vendors, including Disney where I think the SLA penalty is actually a discount on the next qtr. So these ass hats have caused me hours of rerouting ETL processes but also cost the company potentially millions.

Oh and I have a stomach emptying study for my GI issues today at noon. I haven't had food or water since 6pm last night so I'm fucking cranky.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

I'm with you. The amount of bullshit I gotta handle this morning is beyond the normal Mondays. Example:

The incompetence of some of our infrastructure team in communicating changes to large swaths of our transactional databases were switching to new IP addresses and ports, which need to be port opened by security via a security review (2 day process) I now have 125 designated market areas not reporting any encoding data for any TV or Radio data. This is monumentally bad. We're gonna miss our SLAs to many vendors, including Disney where I think the SLA penalty is actually a discount on the next qtr. So these ass hats have caused me hours of rerouting ETL processes but also cost the company potentially millions.

Oh and I have a stomach emptying study for my GI issues today at noon. I haven't had food or water since 6pm last night so I'm fucking cranky.

Sorry brother 

But we are lucky enough to be in Palm Desert for the week. The FiL's home is having the final stuff done on it this week in preparation for the listing and open houses.  We essentially emptied the home completely with just the residual stuff to sort, sell, give away, or trash left in the garage.  So, a week at a resort seems nice for my wife, but I'll still be working normally and just get the afternoon to hit the pool or ride up the tramline like @ChrisL mentioned that is up the road in Palm Springs.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, goldendesign said:

image.thumb.png.0ae34be40805de819989c2a4e6fbffad.png

• Haha 1

It's monday........and I had a dentist appointment.  I hadn't been since 6 months or so before covid.  I needed it but it didn't make it any easier.  I don't like people scraping my teeth.

Worse, I have to go back next monday because one of my very old silver fillings is showing a spot of decay underneath.  That's what old fillings do.

At least breakfast was good once I got home.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It's monday........and I had a dentist appointment.  I hadn't been since 6 months or so before covid.  I needed it but it didn't make it any easier.  I don't like people scraping my teeth.

Worse, I have to go back next monday because one of my very old silver fillings is showing a spot of decay underneath.  That's what old fillings do.

I can handle it all but that damn nails on a chalkboard inside my mouth tooth scraping with metal picks bit.  It gets me nervous and anxious and my BP goes up and they freak out when they see my reading and I have to explain to them, nothing personal, but I hate this place.  I like you, but I hate this place due to the scraping.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

I was going to wait until after the pandemic to get my teeth checked.  But a broken tooth required a crown last October. Then, severe January toothaches resulted in a quick exam then a root canal and then the canaled-tooth's swelling resulted in a second temp crown and a final crown.  I had my first real cleaning and checkup since the pandemic began on Thursday last week.

My dentist does not mince words. When she cleans my teeth and I grimace she'll say, "That's what you get for not flossing. Dammit, Mickey, get with the program!"

At least I had no cavities!

2 minutes ago, groupw said:

My dentist office is also a client. I have been there for work so I didn’t get too hung up. I was told to floss more (surprise) but otherwise it was good. 

Yeah, but you have the power to shut down their network, so you get special treatment.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Why do you get your teeth cleaned in an ICU/telemetry unit??? I’ve never had my BP taken at the dentist, and certainly not continuously during a cleaning. 

Probably part of the nanny state shit.  They take my bp when I sit down in the exam chair.  I explain to them that I am under a doctors care for hypertension and I see my PCP every three months.  I think this time I may tell them if they insist on taking bp I will leave.

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Probably part of the nanny state shit.  They take my bp when I sit down in the exam chair.  I explain to them that I am under a doctors care for hypertension and I see my PCP every three months.  I think this time I may tell them if they insist on taking bp I will leave.

I doubt they mandate that even in California. I’d decline, they’re not treating your blood pressure there. 

9 hours ago, goldendesign said:

stomach emptying study for my GI

Welp that was fucking fun. Was told to fast from 6pm last night. Appt was scheduled for 11:30 and the paperwork said 1.5 hours.

Nope my Dr had ordered the 5 hour study. One egg white, piece of toast, and 4 oz of water in the last 24 hours. I'm ready for Monday's end.

• Hugs 1