Plans for the weekend?

TrentonMakes

We have lived in our house for 9 years.  There's a set of MTB trails 3-1/2 miles away and I somehow never knew about them until this summer.  Planning to explore them tomorrow - weather looks perfect.

Family day on Sunday, maybe a little ride with the kids... then I'm going to try for 40 road miles on Monday.

Also - my daughter had the idea to make a CD for my wife's birthday, including a track with me playing guitar and her singing - I've already "laid down" the guitar track and hopefully we get a chance to finish that.

I imagine I might play some guitar, grill some dinner and put down a couple IPAs too.

Wishing you all a great weekend.

Visited the FIL in the hospital tonight. He had an elevated heart rate.  Looks to be under control and hopes to get out tomorrow.  That should not change any plans at this point

Tomorrow - 31 mile ride planed with a group at the crack of dawn.  I might add a dozen miles on at the end.  Run some errands late morning and maybe take my parents out to lunch.  I serve in Kids Ministry at church in the evening.

Sunday - Church in the am and then out to lunch.  The weather looks good for an afternoon ride.  I have about 65 miles planned.  Probably visit FIL Sunday evening.

Monday - Forecast is for rain.  I might hole up in my office and just spend the day drinking coffee and reading.

No plans, but I might get my bike out and reassess its condition prior to taking it in for repair next week.

I will also ponder the true meaning of Labor Day as I do each year in my never ending quest to try and understand why this holiday even exists.   :scratch head:

Who cares?  A day off work needs no reason. :)

• Heart 2

Well, my long weekend lasted about 2.5 hours before I got called in because, maybe, just maybe they might have to do a specific task which requires my expertise (my mere presence).

I was just getting ready to have a little brekkies & go for a ride.

Sigh.

Repeat after me. "I'm sorry Boss, but I had 2 bloody marys with my breakfast, and It would not be right for me to work after drinking".