Does it bother you when a possum smokes all your pot?

jsharr

1 minute ago, 12string said:

No Possum involved, but the wives did decide to use one of the new pots instead of the cast iron to fry zucchini (high in potassium), smoked the house and left the saucepan a  *&^%^ to clean. 

Fill it with water add a little vinegar, put it back on the stove and bring it to a boil.  I do this to help remove burned on crap and it works.

I have not tried it, but I hear you can do the same thing with alka seltzer.  Get the water hot, add about half a dozen alka seltzer tabs and let it sit for an hour or so.

21 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Fill it with water add a little vinegar, put it back on the stove and bring it to a boil.  I do this to help remove burned on crap and it works.

I have not tried it, but I hear you can do the same thing with alka seltzer.  Get the water hot, add about half a dozen alka seltzer tabs and let it sit for an hour or so.

This was mostly grease spatters up the side of the pan.  I do use the vinegar or dish soap and boil trick for things like - oh, and not saying this would EVER happen last night - putting the small quick heating saucepan of Quinoa on the large super burner and walking away.

• Heart 1

Just now, 12string said:

This was mostly grease spatters up the side of the pan.  I do use the vinegar or dish soap and boil trick for things like - oh, and not saying this would EVER happen last night - putting the small quick heating saucepan of Quinoa on the large super burner and walking away.

I hate it when that never happens..... 

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I hate it when that never happens..... 

I can't hate it too much, as apparently it is my fault for buying good cookware and why does it matter what we cook in what pot and which burner and why do I make things so complicated.

I thought the "high steady temperature = cast iron, controlled temperature = clad" instruction was pretty simple.  I didn't think matching burners and pot size would somehow change with the new stuff.  Or even fry in a "fry" pan would be necessary