Do you use the same mug most days?

Kirby

We've had video calls for work most days the past few weeks and one of the guys always seems to have a different mug for his coffee.  Even though I have a number of mugs, I tend to use the same  one for my tea most days.  Some of the mugs are even different sizes.  I rarely wake up and think it's Tuesday, I'll have a small mug of tea today instead of my usual size.

So how about you?  Are you like my coworker randomly changing mugs each day depending on your mood?  Or do you go for reliable consistency with the same mug?

I get a coffee from the Starbucks machine daily so although it looks the same it’s a different cup each day.

I do use the same mug for several days at home though and just wash it out each morning. When we fill & run the dishwasher which is every 2-3 days I’ll wash the old & get a fresh one from the cupboard.

• Heart 2

I have my favorites,  if I can get to them first.

In the before days, when I worked in an office, I had only one.  At least I think so.  The company gave out coffee mugs, so they all looked the same.  But they were very nice coffee mugs, would be one of my home favorites.

• Heart 1

I carry a 20 oz contigo thermal flask that my coworkers call my sippy cup.  I drink from it every day.  At home, I grab a mug from the cupboard.  Any mug will do really.  I like smaller mugs so the coffee stays hot.  My wife likes one really big mug of coffee.

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I carry a 20 oz contigo thermal flask that my coworkers call my sippy cup.  I drink from it every day.  At home, I grab a mug from the cupboard.  Any mug will do really.  I like smaller mugs so the coffee stays hot.  My wife likes one really big mug of coffee.

Martha is smart

• Heart 1

I use a Contigo mug because it keeps the coffee hot. I do wash it every day. 

22 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yes she is.  I like to drink from my Blackboxstocks mugs.  I wonder if anyone else on here enjoys them as well? 

They are a nice option when I get to sit at home. 

• Heart 1

31 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yes she is.  I like to drink from my Blackboxstocks mugs.  I wonder if anyone else on here enjoys them as well? 

My favorite mug is a Starbucks mug Grace sent me during ChrisMarch back in the LF days. 

I miss ChrisMarch

• Heart 2

I have a large ceramic mug at the house for the 1st cuppa. It's inscribed with "Dogs have owners. Cats have staff"

I have a SS "stubby" Starbucks mug at the office.

I occasionally use a 20ox Yeti travel mug in the truck (it's there now with the morning's dregs in it.)

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, 2Far said:

I have a large ceramic mug at the house for the 1st cuppa. It's inscribed with "Dogs have owners. Cats have staff"

I have a SS "stubby" Starbucks mug at the office.

I occasionally use a 20ox Yeti travel mug in the truck (it's there now with the morning's dregs in it.)

Stubby and coffee should never be used in the same thread.  I have a 20 oz Yeti and it empties way too quickly - makes me angry.

• Haha 1

I use a contigo travel mug for iced tea or seltzer, but I found it kept the hot tea too hot and it was actually hard to drink.  So I use a ceramic mug for tea - one from shutterfly with a picture of a painting a friend did of my parents old back yard.  The painting included their favorite garden things including two stray cats who eventually became house cats, cardinals in the bird bath, the little stone steps and blooming azaleas and day lilies.

• Heart 4

Like a lot of people we have an excess of them. I have a rotation of aboot a half dozen. I like the ones with Boynton cartoons. 
I have been on a hunt for one to keep the coffee warm a long time. But ones with lids sort of suck the joy oot of drinking coffee for me, mainly because it stifles the aroma. I think the thick ceramic “diner” cups might be the answer. 

• Heart 1

I have been carting this back & forth to work for well over 20 years. It was a bribe  giveaway- from a vendor at a past job, it used to have a company name on it but that is long worn away. I didn't carry it while bicycle commuting but it has a lot of motorcycle miles on it.

IMG_4903.JPG

• Heart 2

A few years ago my sister got me a R2D2 StarWars mug, since then I've somehow accumulated 3 more StarWars themed mugs. I like them, they actually keep my coffee hot. Around the house I use them daily. At work I used a company branded travel mug or a Lightning branded stainless mug. 

Of the starwars ones this is my favorite:
Disney Parks Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Black Spire Outpost Aluminum Mug Resistance

As for work, the Lightning one gets the most rounds around the building:

HKJSDwAs79VWC47CLLHkvopnsz9cihw7Rk6K9zm25he43YTtSWUppjO8OoLJLw9fhpkS-wooEg0busIOk5n9wD1BIfHSx4BH_yriF9B6lEZSgfHnSiM8q6ORVjZev63vP82SBIAZRf6V0DkA_4RH9tntYwLf1yKHP17NV2NMQ5l4TOaSv7NQHFzodFMs0wQ3H2wo2Cdf79JuzAFjLpPrHnI97Ck0BKg8i7A3CGHodpmAUtOB41_qWdF-3deOZcKqtDbaW6z1AQKjSJ5FdF-W5uh8M52MycXzU7a1YW4NwU5x2EiuRuIWNheFku03Rpug6Qv3kSK2gIxQP0zCETVqLFMPl6OJLradA8WKnEGO-sv9eB3yfYvC5hv4JGIqCuO5uhvihNj480Sts2V-o1R2yre_EtbsU_uXYn_Sq8PZwhzCJ0f6XBgK8zLZq9ply30lKDUkVlWvj_TK5fYk67ZTnPCn7Yjlr8HP_Eua3-qWl7OZrkkhiR-vE3CbW7aXGbai-mr60icDp1TAHyocVGjBOWEubFr8ytRwSi-tJL-1LdplJ-_pWZ9FrJ4crS6BqQefgThKzgC-t1BN8yLjvgbV0pVW733Z8MEj4kSufb_fLJ1ylBZz0AK5roQKB1gQsgTBsY3PPFRDbsHEoUiUAaU64fT_2pxoZEHxDkaQnVbBuyimbugc8y5ziER-wuiYdB_X-4IZvBtr0NFP5Ru8PJ6vCq9_IQ=w528-h937-no?authuser=1

• Heart 2