You are a fool if you don't like mayonnaise, and not-candy corn question

Randomguy

13 hours ago, Randomguy said:

It is true, you know.

Also, how many ears of corn constitute a meal if that is all you are having?

Mayo is awesome and an essential condiment.  Generally, Hellmans is the best, but others work.

An ear of candy corn is a LOT of candy corn - likely a bag per ear.  I recommend no more than three ears per adult, and four ears per child under 13.

This looks like one or two ears cut in half - so maybe six of these for you and eight fro RO:

image.png.a1e263a68e59aa93bd50b5b69e6da199.png

• Heart 1

My college advisor at UMBC was from Chicago and said, "The only problem with Maryland cuisine is you guys put mayonnaise on everything."

When I make or get cheeseburger subs, instead of ketchup/mustard I much prefer LTMFOP: lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, fried onions, pickles.

• Heart 1

Just now, Randomguy said:

That actually sounds really tasty!  

It does except the "sub" part.  Why a "sub" versus a simple burger with those tasty toppings?

Oddly, though (or not), I'd go lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, fried onions, pickles AND STILL have the ketchup & mustard.  More is better :D

• Heart 1

22 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

It does except the "sub" part.  Why a "sub" versus a simple burger with those tasty toppings?

Oddly, though (or not), I'd go lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, fried onions, pickles AND STILL have the ketchup & mustard.  More is better :D

A sub roll has one side without and holes in it for the LTMFOP to slide out or squeeze out when you bite down.  A 12" sub has 3 hamburger patties and I save half plus half of the too-many fries they serve these days.

So basically, I'm having 1 1/2 hamburgers on a roll and that works fine.

• Heart 1

Why I say "LTMFOP" when I order cheeseburger subs:

The Baltimore Area's #1-award-winning sub shop, Ann's Dari-Creme, is fortunately a short drive from my home or apartment. Among the award plaques on the wall is a picture of a U.S. military base in Afghanistan with direction signs that include, "Ann's Dari-Creme 8526 miles."  I've been going there since 1956.

The waitresses at Ann's do NOT write the orders down on paper or take names and amazingly keep them in their heads - I've seen guys from the Coast Guard Yard come in and order 15 subs and the waitresses remember the order flawlessly.

But there was one waitress, a young, blonde hottie named Amber, and whenever I'd order a cheeseburger sub with lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, fried onions, and pickles, she'd be distracted by something then look at me and say, "What did you say goes on your cheeeseburger?"

So I started ordering "LTMFOP."  I originally used that letter system when working the grill at a fast-food restaurant during the first half of college before I got a job on campus.

Today, when I walk in and say to a waitress who I don't know, "LTMFOP," she'll laugh ask why I ordered it that way.  I'll say, "You used to have a girl named Amber..." and before I can say anymore I'll get, "Oh yeah. Say no more. We remember Amber."

One award is Baltimore's Best Hot Dog and there's usually a long line to get a "double dog with everything:" a footlong with two hot dogs, chili, mustard, and onions. During the pandemic, only 6 customers at a time are allowed inside the store.  So there's a long, plastic-sides-and-top tunnel outside, typically with 10-30 people socially distanced in line.  Sometimes it takes 20 minutes to get inside, but Ann's food is worth the wait.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/220/1795/1600/DSCN5121.jpg Ann's Dari Creme | Severna Park Reviews

Ann's Dari-Creme, 7918 Ritchie Hwy, Glen Burnie, MD 21061, open since 1951.  | Creme, Glen burnie, Anne Interior of Ann's Dari-Creme | Inside Ann's it's nothing but… | Flickr