New office going in

goldendesign

Contractor finally got us on the schedule and began the work. The cabinets and countertop were made in their shop. The doors are made by someone else and coming later this week.

Locks for the file cabinets, very small drawer boxes for the server and 3d printer cabinets so they can be easily pulled out, the ventilation fans need to be wired to the exhaust ducts.

Overall very happy with the look.

20210420_085824.jpg

• Heart 4

46 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Have you looked critically at the vent fans?

I'm using a 3d printed version of this:
61-txOT8s2L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Using Noctua 120mm fans and arduino controller that in the server cabinet checks ambient temps and adjusts cooling. Since I switched to thin client, micro PCs instead of my power hogs r720s tis will be more than sufficient.

The 3d printer booth has the same but uses a custom script in the Octo-Pi controller that ramps up exhaust based on air quality using a Adafruit PMSA003I. Only runs when printer is active and also has a temperature sensor to make sure the fans don't go too crazy changing the temps. Too much of a swing and the material can become brittle or delaminate in areas as it cools too fast.
I

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:
3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

looks very nice, I really like the floor.

The floor is fantastic!

An acacia wood flooring https://www.flooranddecor.com/solid-hardwood-wood/burlywood-ii-acacia-distressed-solid-hardwood-100785005.html

Different stain than the photo. Have that in all bedrooms, rest of the house is travertine slabs. 

• Heart 2