If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?

Airehead

I think I might observe my boss for part of the day.  My boss has to deal with a lot of administrative things that I don't handle, so I think observing them would give me a greater appreciation of how hard their job can be.

Assuming travel isn't an issue, I might like to observe a behind the scenes view of some of my favorite sports.  Being on a team bus before a major cycling race would be interesting to see how they plan for different options and prepare.  Or being on the sidelines during a big football game to see how everyone interacts.

I would not want to visit any of my close friends or relatives.  I think it's generally a good idea that people can keep some things private.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I think I might observe my boss for part of the day.  My boss has to deal with a lot of administrative things that I don't handle, so I think observing them would give me a greater appreciation of how hard their job can be.

Assuming travel isn't an issue, I might like to observe a behind the scenes view of some of my favorite sports.  Being on a team bus before a major cycling race would be interesting to see how they plan for different options and prepare.  Or being on the sidelines during a big football game to see how everyone interacts.

I would not want to visit any of my close friends or relatives.  I think it's generally a good idea that people can keep some things private.

but you would be naked, right?  I mean an invisible frog in clothes is just weird.

• Heart 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

So, invisible but not incorporeal?  So, you might 1) want shoes (you dirty HIPPIE!) and 2) might want to sit down and 3) may even get cold????

when you are invisible, the cold cannot find you and you float 1 inch above everything due to decreased gravitational pull.  So you can walk on fire, or sit on a chair of thorns or whatever.  FACT!!!!  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, roadsue said:

Do I still make noise and take up space even though I’m invisible? That would put a damper on any plans to be around other people. So, I’d probably sleep in then go for a bike ride. 

Nope.  You are totally invisible to all sensors.  You touch nothing.  You can walk through walls, over water, all kinds of cool stuff.  And you can eat and drink, because stuff you are holding becomes invisible too!  

• Heart 1

55 minutes ago, roadsue said:

Do I still make noise and take up space even though I’m invisible? That would put a damper on any plans to be around other people. So, I’d probably sleep in then go for a bike ride. 

silent and without mass

• Whatever 1

17 minutes ago, BR46 said:

This reminds me of something that happened where I used to work. 

One day I was walking through the factory with the big guy.....we turned the corner and there were a few guys screwing off. Stuart said something to them and one of the guys said well who the fuck are you......I laughed and said......his name is on the side of the building and his signature is on your paycheck. 

The look was priceless and they got back to work without saying a word. 

I love this.  I wasn't quick enough to say I was the person the Board authorized to sign their checks.

• Haha 1

I find that my answer has changed over time as I gain age and experience. Younger me would spy on people to see what they are like when no one is around. At this point in my life I don't care and wouldn't do much different than I do everyday. A cloak of invisibility would be wasted on me.

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?  This is today's middle school writing prompt question.  I am really interested in how you would answer it.

I would spend my day going from classroom to classroom to see what happens when I am not there.  I know, as a fact, that when I walk in a room everyone puts on their best show.  (Well except for those who don't know who I am.) True story, I stopped a staff person in the hall one time because I did not like something they were doing.  She looked at me and said in a negative way--"Well, who do you think you are to tell me what to do?"  I simply put out my hand (precovid), shook hers and said, "Hi, I am Doctor Sheffer and I am the superintendent.  I am your boss's boss's boss's boss."  Look on her face was priceless. 

Now If I could see , when invisible, if people were doing great stuff I would give them a spontaneous award of $100.

Based on this I would still be broke! 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, 12string said:

So would that hot chick at the gym then be able to see me when she becomes invisible because I'm holding her boobs?  I mean, not "see me", I was asking for RG

I would be fine with invisible chicks staring at me while I am invisible, too.  I guess we would just have to trust that we are truly staring and perving on each other rather than a blank area of a room.