Next Time LongJohn Or The Rest Of You

Razors Edge

I was looking at the mileage from the trail for some of those. 11, 14, 10 miles. Maybe on an ebike? There were some closer to the trail. I would definitely call before I went looking for them. Everyone says be sure to stop at Bills in little orleans. I stop there, they are never open. No sign on the door when they might be open.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I was looking at the mileage from the trail for some of those. 11, 14, 10 miles. Maybe on an ebike? There were some closer to the trail. I would definitely call before I went looking for them. Everyone says be sure to stop at Bills in little orleans. I stop there, they are never open. No sign on the door when they might be open.

I hear ya, but these are EASY:

Smoketown Brewing Station

223 W. Potomac St., Brunswick, MD, 21716
(0.3 mile walk/bike from C&O Canal)

Bavarian Brothers Brewing

164 Shepherd Grade Rd., Shepherdstown, WV, 25443
(0.7 mile walk/bike from the C&O Canal)

Dig Deep Brewing Company

2 Howard St. Suite B, Cumberland, MD 21502
(0.2 mile walk/bike from C&O Canal)

Route 40 Brewing & Distilling Company

11 W. Main St., Frostburg, MD 21532
(0.5 mile walk/bike from GAP Trail; 12.5 mile drive from C&O Canal)

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

They don’t even list Harper’s Ferry brewing. It’s on the VA side of the river, just off 340 as you enter the state. Less than a mile from Sandy Hook. Rockville? I ain’t going to Rockville from the C&O Canal; that’s dumb!

What part of "kick backs" don't you understand?!?!?! :whistle:

But yeah, I have to assume they miss a lot, and maybe on purpose? Maybe by accident?

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What part of "kick backs" don't you understand?!?!?! :whistle:

But yeah, I have to assume they miss a lot, and maybe on purpose? Maybe by accident?

Well to be honest I wouldn’t recommend crossing the Rt 340 bridge on a bike after a few beers. But I don’t recommend riding from the C&O Canal up to Rockville either. You know how those Marylanders drive (no offense @MickinMD)

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I'm doing it in June. I will make sure to consult this valuable resource. 

In time for the big party!

The year 2021 marks the 50th anniversary of the C&O Canal National Historical Park joining the National Park Service system. The C&O Canal National Historical Park preserves and interprets the 19th-century transportation canal from Washington, DC, to Cumberland, Maryland, and its associated scenic, natural, and cultural resources. It also provides visitors with a wealth of opportunities for education and outdoor recreation along its 184.5 miles and 20,000 acres

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

If you have to ask, they do not think you need to know.

43 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

They don’t even list Harper’s Ferry brewing. It’s on the VA side of the river, just off 340 as you enter the state. Less than a mile from Sandy Hook. Rockville? I ain’t going to Rockville from the C&O Canal; that’s dumb!

HF Brewing is a cool place.