How many miles on your bike(s)

goldendesign

My bike, I bought used, a 2006 Lemond Tourmalet, ten years ago and it was a closet queen. Even had the stock tires. I've put about 20k miles on it on my reckoning. About 4 of those years i was off for one reason or another.

Tires, wheels, cables, etc... all have been replaced. The saddle is original though and my LBS mechanic remarked it was the comfiest saddle he's ridden on a Trek.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Pre-Strava is a big ???? but since starting Strava in 2010 or '11, there is data :D.  If I remember to track a rental bike ride (rare) I have a bucket for it.  The Roubaix is a 2007, so that is missing several thousand miles.  The Diverge is a year old soon (but back in VA right now), the Tarmac is from 2016 (just turned 5 on March 23rd), and the Trek is mid-90s, and was a daily commuter without any miles tracked except when I take it off road for non-commuting.

image.png.628c3bebbcfa1ace842b761a347f9ed0.png

• Heart 2

Oh wow I don’t track it that closely.  I’m gonna guess somewhere around 10K on my Bianchi, maybe 5K on the now retired Fuji crosser, a couple of hundred miles on the Ritchey that replaces it and maybe 1K on the Anthem.

For the past 10 years or so I have alternated between a road bike, cross bike & MTB so the miles get spread around. 

10 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Is there a story around this????

Yes.  Climbing a hill, 8% grade, and unbeknownst to me one of the bolts on the inner chain ring had loosened.  When I went to the small ring and stood to apply power, the ring was off centered which basically folded it 90 degrees.  As it spun around it cut into the CF chain stay, and down tube and the seat tube.  It was going to cost up to $1000 bucks and six to eight weeks to repair the frame.  At my wifes insistence I bought a new bike.

I still have the busted frame plus all the integra components.  I want to someday find a good frame and build it again.

• Sad 3

My OCR1 had around 20,000 on it when I sold it. My Stradalli has 6,000. My commuter has about 10,000. MTB has about 1300. I probably gave the MTB more attention in the last year once I got the rear wheel true and found it's a great bike to take when I visit my mom. 

The CAAD 10 miles are not accurate, because at first I did not upload everything to Strava, but it's very close. The Schwinn Aluminum is also not accurate because no Strava in 1990. I use this as my trainer bike now, but it has ≈65,000 on it. The CAADX and FAT are accurate.

image.png.33620d59d1a4fe3bdc8a3ead7903e424.png

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1