Whatdoyouknow about Stan’s wheels?

Longjohn

51 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

What sealant do you recommend?

I use Stan's, but there are a lot of choices now.

38 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

These are Stan’s Grail wheels. I would assume they ship the bike with the tires mounted.

The tires probably have tubes in them since they don't usually ship a bike with the tires and sealant.

The process is pretty simple. Take the tubes out. The wheel should be taped already. Inspect it for wrinkles and tears. Put the valve stem in and lock it down snug with the nut. Mount the tire and inflate.  A compressor is great but not necessary. The bead should seat and make a popping sound. Check the tire to see that the bead seated evenly. Take the valve core out and let the air out. Put your sealant in. Replace the valve core and inflate the tire. Shake the wheel, spin it, move the sealant around so it is all over the tire and rim. You are good to go. 

• Awesome 1

Stans Grail wheels are nice.  You can still run em with tubes if you don’t want to go tubeless.  I had some Stans crest wheels that were a bear to mount with tubes but I got them on.

100% agree with Dennis but often times it’s hard to seat the bead without an air compressor.  You need a lot of air really quickly to seat them.  I have been using Stans sealant without issue for several years now.

• Heart 1

39 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Did I miss a new bike post??! What did ya get???

I didn’t talk about it in the Cafe yet. It won’t be delivered probably for two weeks. I bought a Lynskey titanium gravel touring bike with titanium rear rack and Stan’s Grail wheels. My health better improve because I want to ride. I’ll probably give my 520 to my brother so we can go riding together

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I didn’t talk about it in the Cafe yet. It won’t be delivered probably for two weeks. I bought a Lynskey titanium gravel touring bike with titanium rear rack and Stan’s Grail wheels. My health better improve because I want to ride. I’ll probably give my 520 to my brother so we can go riding together

Very nice, Enjoy!

• Heart 1