Longjohn

12 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Why does it say large rather than extra large?  And why external vs. internal routing?  I always love to find out the reasons people get what they get!

It looks absolutely awesome, and should be a joy to ride!

I think metal tubes are more challenging to route internally.  Ritchey sticks with external routing as well.  

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Why does it say large rather than extra large?  And why external vs. internal routing?  I always love to find out the reasons people get what they get!

It looks absolutely awesome, and should be a joy to ride!

Originally I ordered a large frame and then I found out their large isn’t very large. I ordered the extra large after I got the quote. Same price and components on XL. Internal routing is a pain when you change cables and it costs $300 more.

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

How is the heart feeling?  Healing up?  Do you have to wear the vest still?

I’m still supposed to wear it except for when I take a brief shower. It makes my back break out when I do that so I only wear it about 50% of the time. I have a cardiology appointment tomorrow and will discuss not wearing it anymore.

• Heart 3

Congratulations!!  What color streamers did you get?  Are you getting the basket and bell factory installed or will you add your own after market accessories?  I presume you're planning ahead and got summer air for the tires?

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Airehead said:

That is soon

Or maybe not so soon?

lynskey_logo.png

Greetings John,

We wanted to reach out to thank you for your purchase of your GR300, and for your patience with us during these unforeseen times.

We have been notified that a few parts for your order are delayed at the manufacturer. As such, we are working to source the parts from other vendors to complete your order asap. We are anticipating delays of less than two weeks for most orders.

We fully understand that this is a disappointing email to receive and we take zero pride in notifying you that there is a delay from our suppliers. Our goal is to be transparent and keep you as informed as possible. Our tech is working to look at every avenue to get the needed parts here asap. If the components have an extended delay past two weeks or the parts are simply unavailable, our tech will look at other other options/kits to present to you via email. 

Thank you again for your support and patience!

In Regards,

The Lynskey Sales Team

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 1

47 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Congratulations on the new bike.

My first non-mountain bike was a Litespeed Appalachian, their cross/touring bike. I wonder if there is similar geometry. I liked it, did the Blueridge Parkway on it carrying camping gear.

I was looking for geometry like on my 520.  The chain stay is a little shorter and I have big feet. I’ll have to try my old panniers and see if I have heal strike. I plan on buying new panniers anyway, they make some that are narrow at the bottom to avoid that.

14 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I was looking for geometry like on my 520.  The chain stay is a little shorter and I have big feet. I’ll have to try my old panniers and see if I have heal strike. I plan on buying new panniers anyway, they make some that are narrow at the bottom to avoid that.

Mine are shaped to avoid heal strikes. You can see the bottom corner is not square. It's kind of hard to see from the photo of my bike, but the bag follows the seat stay in it's angle.

Amazon.com : Axiom Mackenzie Single Pannier Black : Bike Panniers And Rack Trunks : Sports ...

0327191135 (1).jpg

12 hours ago, denniS said:

Mine are shaped to avoid heal strikes. You can see the bottom corner is not square. It's kind of hard to see from the photo of my bike, but the bag follows the seat stay in it's angle.

Those cut outs definitely help.  My Tubus racks also seemed to put the bags a little farther back, and then on my Ortliebs (not shaped L vs R), the attachment is pretty adjustable to shift the load a little farther back on the rack.

• Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Those cut outs definitely help.  My Tubus racks also seemed to put the bags a little farther back, and then on my Ortliebs (not shaped L vs R), the attachment is pretty adjustable to shift the load a little farther back on the rack.

Lynskey made the rack for mine so they probably took that into consideration. I can’t believe I spent $300 for a titanium rack, lol.

• Haha 2