Remember that short period of time

AirwickWithCheese

15 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I am allowed to Mark myself as the Solution if and only if I have your blessing.  

I would say yes, but you posted songs from the weakest of the Jesus musicals of 1973.

Ah, what the hell, at least it was the best song from Godspell that you posted!

• Hugs 1

18 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I would say yes, but you posted songs from the weakest of the Jesus musicals of 1973.

But Robin LaMont was by far the prettiest and the only one who could have hurt an impressionable young Cheese.   :slow-dance-smiley:

15 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

@ChrisL and I share a love for Deborah Foreman.  This bond will always be there.  :nodhead:

Just now, Randomguy said:

I have loved her first, she is mine!  She sings to me in my sleep sometimes, you see.

You are a lying bastige. I have forum proof she was mine. I introduced, or at least reintroduced Ralph to her vixen-womanly ways. You saw her once on American Bandstand during your Ohio middle class white privileged youth.  

8 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

You are a lying bastige. I have forum proof she was mine. I introduced, or at least reintroduced Ralph to her vixen-womanly ways. You saw her once on American Bandstand during your Ohio middle class white privileged youth.  

No, you are wrong, she sang to me in the before time.  Right in the middle of JCSS, she turned and sang directly at me, I am positive.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

when Cher was promoted as a serious actress? Seems so strange looking back, yes?   :scratchhead:

Ever since recorded video was invented, they've been able to make so-so talents look like good actors.  One director used to tell actors appearing with Marilyn Monroe: make sure you get every take right so we can print the one time she gets it right.

I have great respect for those who appear in live theater and do well in difficult roles, but many of the shows today have the level of difficulty toned down, including shortening the vocal ranges needed in songs.

Linda Ronstadt got rave reviews for playing Mabel on Broadway in Pirates of Penzance, but even she admitted in her memoir it was her singing that masked her limited acting talent.

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

when Cher was promoted as a serious actress? Seems so strange looking back, yes?   :scratchhead:

Except for Mama Mia 2, I'd say she has been a fairly consistent "serious" actress since Silkwood.  Moonstruck, Mask, Mermaids, etc. all seem like serious rolls she did well in.