Never like this

maddmaxx

Excellent collection of photos!!! 

My trail cam has caught a few jay's in flight, but that dove is impressive.

I envy the fox pic. And I giggled at the kitty.

I ordered a new trail cam for my shed. Hosmudge is using the one I was borrowing. It's at the gate to keep an eye on things.

• Heart 1

At one point we had 8 turkeys at once but that is far short of the record of two dozen or so.  The cat is a regular who comes for some cheap cat food we put out.  The other critters don't usually mind if he's there eating.  The fox is a regular too.  He's scrounging for the peanuts we put out for him/her.  In the summer when the windows are open you can tell the fox are there by the crunching as they shuck the peanut shells.  A couple of days ago we watched as the fox sort of cast an eye on a small turkey, perhaps thinking of a thanksgiving feast.

11 minutes ago, smudge said:

@maddmaxx what camera you using? What card? Is it a class 10?

It's a Moultrie that's no longer made.  I believe it's an M50 and it was about $150 when new but prices have come down.  The only thing special about it was that it was not an i model.  The i signifies low glow leds in the flash unit presumably to hide the camera better and not have it stolen or startle the critters.  Unfortunately the i models also have a much shorter range at night so I don't really like them.  Today all the buzz seems to be about cell phone capable cameras if you have enough accounts to afford them.  I still have to go out every morning to get the SD card.

20MP for the resolution.  Pic temperature is usually much cooler than this and tends to have a blueish tint.  This was a good evening with the sun right behind the camera and that helped warm the pics and get the shutter speed up a bit.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, smudge said:

Hosmudge was letting me us an A35. Got the nighttime bear pics with it. I ordered an A900i, I think. It'll be here Thursday. We'll see how it works out. 

The A-900i looks like a pretty good camera.  Yes, the prices sure have come down.  If you look at the specs for the 900i and the 900 you will see the difference in ranges though  one is 60 ft and one is 75.  Back when I first bought the camera that mattered to me as the camera was mounted on the house about 30 yards from the feed zone.  I'm not sure it would be as important to me these days as the camera is on an inexpensive aluminium tripod right out in the middle of the action.