Okay, I give up, Ralph...

Road Runner

I;m glad you asked! 

You have to go back to the old country for it. :)

http://forums.bicycling.com/topic/54635607129604109

Ralph. I have the same problem now.  For years I had now issues with the apostrophes.  About 3 years ago I went to a MacBook for my laptop and the keyboard is just different enough the ' looks like ;.  It is maddening.  

Why must you hate on exclamations???!!!

A single exclamation point, used sparingly, can have some impact. Multiple exclamation points are the literary equivalent of weeds, infesting an otherwise well-kept grammatical lawn or garden. When I see them, I want to mow them down.

A single exclamation point, used sparingly, can have some impact. Multiple exclamation points are the literary equivalent of weeds, infesting an otherwise well-kept grammatical lawn or garden. When I see them, I want to mow them down.

roadsue or some similar person (she certainly has a lot on her plate right now) should form an Exclamation Point Protection Society. Destination, are you up for it? :scratch head::dontknow:

Exclamation marks are having all the fun!!!!!  Perhaps we could emphasize pause with several commas,,,,just to be clear....  Several periods at the end of a declamatory sentence would emphasize point duly made.......  And who wouldn'''''t benefit from several question marks????  It''''s clearly a question now.....  There''''s no mistaking my tone or intent to form a contraction when I add several apostrophes.......  Closely related clauses can be problematic for some;;;;;;several semi------colons will clear up any lack of a perceived relationship between ideas.....  Notice how greatly improved a hyphenated word becomes with several dashes??????  

• Heart 1

Sue, you have developed a bad stutter. Please make an appointment to see a grammar medic as soon as possible. Left untreated, your condition could become serious. Worse, it could infect others. The possibility of an epidemic is a threat to us all.

Yours for the preservation of the English language,

Destination

Exclamation marks are having all the fun!!!!!  Perhaps we could emphasize pause with several commas,,,,just to be clear....  Several periods at the end of a declamatory sentence would emphasize point duly made.......  And who wouldn'''''t benefit from several question marks????  It''''s clearly a question now.....  There''''s no mistaking my tone or intent to form a contraction when I add several apostrophes.......  Closely related clauses can be problematic for some;;;;;;several semi------colons will clear up any lack of a perceived relationship between ideas.....  Notice how greatly improved a hyphenated word becomes with several dashes??????  

And you didn'''''t even get into the other fun formatting techniques!!!!!