Californians Are SOFT!

Razors Edge

We went to Lowes last night around 7pm.  Temps in the 50s.  I was FREEZING my ass off.  I was pissed I had worn a light windbreaker and not something with a little more insulation. At least I had long pants on, and once we got inside Lowes, it was much warmer.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

42 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

We went to Lowes last night around 7pm.  Temps in the 50s.  I was FREEZING my ass off.  I was pissed I had worn a light windbreaker and not something with a little more insulation. At least I had long pants on, and once we got inside Lowes, it was much warmer.

It’s all a matter of perspective.  In July - Oct we’ll be riding on 90+ degree weather while the northerners will be crying that it’s too hot. 

And yes 50 degrees is cold for us! 

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

It’s all a matter of perspective.  In July - Oct we’ll be riding on 90+ degree weather while the northerners will be crying that it’s too hot. 

And yes 50 degrees is cold for us! 

Northerners cry about EVERYTHING!  Snow, heat, bugs, humidity, etc.. You name it, they hate it!

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Reaction to changes in weather is often related to what it has been common lately.

In the early Spring for me, temperatures in the 50's means going for a walk with a long-sleeve flannel shirt.

By the end of Spring for me, the 50's means wearing a windbreaker over the shirt.

Right now, temperatures in the 80's means I'm praying for a little breeze more than the observers of Lady Godiva's long hair.

By the beginning of July, 80's will be wonderfully pleasant.

12 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Reaction to changes in weather is often related to what it has been common lately.

Oh no! Marylanders are soft too????  Better than being irritable like the northerners :whistle:

12 hours ago, denniS said:

I love their wine which I will not whine about. Point Reyes is pretty damn cool too.

Wine, food, weather, mountains, seashore, wildlife, wondrous flora, and then there's Channel Islands NP, Death Valley NP, Joshua Tree NP, Kings Canyon NP, Lassen Volcanic NP, Pinnacles NP, Redwood NP, Sequoia NP, & Yosemite NP.  Lots of pretty damn cool stuff at almost every turn.

2 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Maybe next year I will be able to make it to California to race at Laguna Seca. 

It is on the before you die list

Have we mentioned that cars don't seem to rust out here???  It's WACKY!

I was riding the other day thinking how rarely they seem to actually do road repair work here versus my area.  In VA, spring and into summer is pot hole repair season and, if you're lucky, a fresh repaving of the road.  I think the Beltway and I-95 are continuously being fixed, but out here in CA, you see expansion/widening, but not much actual repair as the roads don't seem to be abused despite the massive volume of traffic.  Might be different up in LA or the colder northern half up by San Fran, but down where I am, it is rare to see repair activity being done (or needed).

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Have we mentioned that cars don't seem to rust out here???  It's WACKY!

I was riding the other day thinking how rarely they seem to actually do road repair work here versus my area.  In VA, spring and into summer is pot hole repair season and, if you're lucky, a fresh repaving of the road.  I think the Beltway and I-95 are continuously being fixed, but out here in CA, you see expansion/widening, but not much actual repair as the roads don't seem to be abused despite the massive volume of traffic.  Might be different up in LA or the colder northern half up by San Fran, but down where I am, it is rare to see repair activity being done (or needed).

When we have really wet winters, which this year wasn’t, we do get more pot holes than usual.  But yeah our roads stay in good shape due to the good weather.

• Heart 1
  • Envious 1