Yes, Zealot. That movie was hard to watch.

MoseySusan

I’m wondering how Robert wound up alone in his house. If he’s like my dad, his agitation made it impossible for others to live there, too. That’s probably what the medicine was about. Mood stabilizer. 
My sister is gatekeeper for my dad and recommended that I not call or send cards because they confuse dad, and then he gets agitated which is bad for his weakened heart. So, the rest of us just wait for her updates.
He’s at home. She’s having cameras set up and getting a 24/7 emergency call service with a fall monitor he wears on a wristband. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

@roadsue, I did not know your father and family were dealing with dementia/Alzheimer’s. 😞My thoughts and prayers as you navigate these troubled waters.

I thought Landau did an exemplary job portraying that frustration/agitation and hopefully helping the viewers to understand the difficulty from the sufferer’s perspective. Actually I thought the movie did a nice job expressing the difficulties and emotions involved for all. And Burstyn’s performance really touched my heart. Deeply. Getting teary just thinking about it. 

If my recommendation caused you grief, please accept my apologies. 

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, roadsue said:

No worries. It’s good to feel seen. 

As my mom aged, she developed some mild senility. But when she was dealing with cancer at the end of her life, specifically after it’s brain metastasis, there was greater confusion as it progressed. But fortunately she mostly remembered us all and her moments of lucidity and clarity were good. 

You are seen, Susan. And again, FWIW, I will keep you and your close in thought and prayer. 

1 hour ago, Zealot said:

If I may ask, how long ago was your father’s onset? 

A few years ago he became obsessed with rearranging old bills. Catalog and date. 
Then he started shifting his waking hours from day to nights. 

Last month sometime he injured his head, but couldn’t tell anyone how. 

7 hours ago, roadsue said:

A few years ago he became obsessed with rearranging old bills. Catalog and date. 
Then he started shifting his waking hours from day to nights. 

Last month sometime he injured his head, but couldn’t tell anyone how. 

Is he dx’d With Alzheimer’s?