Did I just sign my death certificate?

jsharr

Went downstairs to the new dining venue.  Grilled flank steak.  The one they had out was medium at best.  He had a smaller steak that was well done.  He then asked if I wanted chimi churri sauce on it.  I was too emabarrassed to tell him I had no idea what chimi churri sauce is, so I acted non chalant and said "of course".

There is now green stuff on top of my steak.  Will I die if I eat it?

Should I call down and have a bottle of A-1 or Heinz 57 sent up?

image.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Hugs 1

I have a hard time with people preparing or accepting a steak more than medium rare.  You just know you are getting substandard flavor and texture, that is as sure as any thing could ever be.  And in TX?  What has happened to TX?

I don't know what is in that sauce either, btw.

Ok, now I do:

Chimichurri

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the marinating sauce for meat. For the sandwich served in the Dominican Republic, see chimichurri burger.
Chimichurri
Chimichurri Sauce Recipe (13294574784).jpg
Type Condiment
Place of origin Argentina
Main ingredients finely chopped parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, oregano, red pepper flakes and red wine vinegar

Chimichurri (Spanish: [tʃimiˈtʃuri]) is an uncooked sauce of Argentine origin,[1] used both as an ingredient in cooking and as a table condiment for grilled meat. Found in Argentinian, Paraguayan and Uruguayan cuisines,[2] the sauce comes in a green (chimichurri verde) and red (chimichurri rojo) version. It is made of finely chopped parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, oregano and red wine vinegar.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I have a hard time with people preparing or accepting a steak more than medium rare.  You just know you are getting substandard flavor and texture, that is as sure as any thing could ever be.  And in TX?  What has happened to TX?

I don't know what is in that sauce either, btw.

First it was chili in beans, now it is overcooked tough steak that tastes like shoe leather.  I am just glad the power stayed on while I ate.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Went downstairs to the new dining venue.  Grilled flank steak.  The one they had out was medium at best.  He had a smaller steak that was well done.  He then asked if I wanted chimi churri sauce on it.  I was too emabarrassed to tell him I had no idea what chimi churri sauce is, so I acted non chalant and said "of course".

image.jpg

I gotta tell ya that is about the least appetizing thing I've seen in a while.

I am not a fan of chimichurri.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, jsharr said:

image.jpg

So, how was it?

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Oh for goodness sake!  :rolleyes:

Anything you need to know is from that Mary Poppins movie where Dick Van Dyke sang that song, "Chim Chimi Churri".

This sounds like a bunch of chitty chitty bang bang

15 hours ago, denniS said:

chimichurri is awesome, but flank steak should be medium rare. 

A-1 or Heinz will kill you. Isn't it just sugar and brown crap?

The best comeback line I ever heard a a steakhouse was when a man replied "I sure hope not." when the waitor asked him if he needed any A-1 or other steak sauce. It was so quick it was great.

• Haha 1