Kentucky really seems to be very beautiful

AirwickWithCheese

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Kentucky women are quite beautiful.

I've been watching a lot of videos about Secretariat and his lineage. The Kentucky farms for horses are unbelievable. Aire needs to relocate to Kentucky to raise airedales and thoroughbreds.  

I'm looking for the Greenville of Kentucky. 

• Heart 1

I was to Kentucky once.  I was once a member of my county's Landfill Laws Commission and we were flown by power company BGE to Cincinnati, then drove about an hour into Kentucky to observe how coal is loaded on barges on the Ohio River, which then go down to the Mississippi, down to the Gulf, out to the Atlantic, up the coast to the Chesapeake Bay, then up the Bay to the Patapsco River and stored at the Brandon Shores Power Plant of BGE (formerly "Baltimore Gas and Electric").

Only about 25% of the residue from burning the coal, the fly ash, is used to make cinder blocks, etc. and the rest is used by a subsidiary of BGE in landscaping during the development of business parks.  Our commission also flew to West Virginia to see a community built with fly ash landscaping under the ground.  There were certain areas in each yard where you could plant trees and not run into the mass of rocky material underground.  We never approved the use of fly ash in residential landscaping, but we did allow it industrial parks when a study of storm water runoff indicated it wouldn't lead to road or other flooding.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Kentucky used to be more beautiful but then I left.

I want to be in the bluegrass area. Near the rich but in affordable enclave. No hippies, church on every corner, and neighbors wouldn't permit you to cut grass on Sunday. 

Richmond looks promising. 

I once worked with a National firm and got to know one VP who ran the South East Region. He really wanted me to run his Louisville Branch.  He even took me out there once to see the area & Branch.  I couldn’t get myself to move though... I had several bad experiences in WVA and VA being a person of color with a white wife/girlfriend.  

I just wasn’t comfortable moving back to the south but yeah the area was beautiful. 

• Hugs 1

3 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I want to be in the bluegrass area. Near the rich but in affordable enclave. No hippies, church on every corner, and neighbors wouldn't permit you to cut grass on Sunday. 

Richmond looks promising. 

Fun fact. Kentucky bluegrass is not native to KY. I believe it was discovered in Washington or Oregon. Somewhere out there.

7 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

You mislead.  :(

Actually I was in the college marching band performing at the Derby that year. The odds for the winner was something around 14/1. Had I laid a bet, I could have gone home with a pocket full of 14 $1 bills.:)

• Heart 1

I was thinking this morning that Elvis should have bought a Kentucky estate with 1000s of bluegrass acres. Raised thoroughbreds instead of popping quaaludes and m&ms. 

Graceland is covered in graffiti now and unsafe.   :(

Down the backstretch comes Unfaithful Priscilla into the lead.  

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

I went to the Derby once but it rained that year.  The infield was sort of a mess, but I was in college and we had fun anyway.

Kentucky is on my long "to visit" list.  It has a very impressive collection of state parks.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Kirby said:

I went to the Derby once but it rained that year.  The infield was sort of a mess, but I was in college and we had fun anyway.

Kentucky is on my long "to visit" list.  It has a very impressive collection of state parks.

Mammoth Caves was great, we visited when I was very young. I drove by a number of years back, but it was closed for the season. 

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Kirby said:

Please put me on your to text list at some point today.   

• Heart 1