Sept 1 miles plus total mileage for the year

Road Runner

1948 miles, 171,040 in elevation gain for the year

Most of these miles are fat bike, mountain bike and cross miles.  Less than 100 were on my Bianchi.

I should easily get 3000 miles for the year and I hope to hit 250,000 ft but I am not sure if it will happen.  

I am a bike computer-asshole.  :nod head:

• Heart 2

Labor Day mileage?

At the 2/3 point of the year, what is your total? On track to meet your goals?

My original goal was made unpossible, so now I am just riding for fun for the rest of the year.

I am tired of being a bike computer-asshole. :)

what was your original goal?

My original goals got screwed up in late February(10k miles injury free & a 5 hour solo century).

Right now I'm at 5300 miles, but if I keep my current mileage pace, 9500 miles is obtainable.

The 5 hour solo century isn't gonna happen, but I'll settle with a 2.5 hour half century.
  • Heart 3

My original goals got screwed up in late February(10k miles injury free & a 5 hour solo century).

Right now I'm at 5300 miles, but if I keep my current mileage pace, 9500 miles is obtainable.

The 5 hour solo century isn't gonna happen, but I'll settle with a 2.5 hour half century.

Awesome stuff.  That's a lot of miles there.  

My original goal was very modest compared to you, BS.  5K with at least a slight average speed improvement over last year.  I've had three interruptions and my current mileage is about 2,450.

I've stopped resetting the speed on the computer and my rides are much more fun.  The total distance will be whatever it is based on my desire to ride and the weather, of course.

I pay close attention to the digits and speed.  I am way competitive and goal oriented.   It's just my personality. 

I normally do as well, but this year would be too depressing if I paid close attention to average speed.  Last year was 17.9mph average including all my commuting miles, but this year it's down to 16,3mph.

I normally do as well, but this year would be too depressing if I paid close attention to average speed.  Last year was 17.9mph average including all my commuting miles, but this year it's down to 16,3mph.

You have to look at the whole picture.  I look at the digis but keep everything in mind.  Sometimes, I carry clippers and do trail work. It's stop-start-stop. HAHA

30.7 miles today.  13.3mph avg, 1916 climbing feet. 

My goal for today was 40 but I had to cut it short - my wife had to be somewhere.  I did have 40 in me, honest. ;)

57 miles on the weekend.  337 miles on the year, since my first ride somewhere around June 30.

• Heart 3

thanks.  Like I said when I started, I've always loved being out there, all by myself, on two wheels and I didn't realize how much I missed it.

Those of you who have thousands of miles on the year, I'm in awe.  My biggest year ever, I might have reached 1500 or so.  My goal for a century next year still seems out of reach.

• Heart 1

thanks.  Like I said when I started, I've always loved being out there, all by myself, on two wheels and I didn't realize how much I missed it.

Those of you who have thousands of miles on the year, I'm in awe.  My biggest year ever, I might have reached 1500 or so.  My goal for a century next year still seems out of reach.

Inertia is a powerful thing.  I have always found that the more or less I ride, the more or less respectively that I want to ride.  So anyway, out into the heat and humidity now for me!

• Heart 2

18+ today with the wife and a friend who just started riding.  I think we were a good influence on him.  I work with him and he sees my bike in my office a lot.

2820 for the year so far.  I am still on target for 4000.

61,894 of elevation.  It's not flat nor mountainous here.  This is all on a road bike.  I might hit 100,000 this year, but not likely.

Almost all of my rides are stop and go.  Rarely can I go 5 miles without stopping, when I commute to work, i can be as short as a couple hundred feet.  This makes me look slower than I already am.

• Heart 1

I did 40 miles today, and am at just over 1700 miles for the year.  I have no idea of the elevation gain.  Probably not going to hit my goal of 3000 miles for the year.  My biggest issues standing in the way are other activities.  I do over 100 dives a year and starting in two weeks I will average 3-4 games of hockey per week until the end of March, and that just trashes my legs for rides of any distance and speed.

With finally getting a road bike a few weeks ago, this is the first fall I am not looking forward to hockey because it is going to cut into my road miles

• Heart 2

35.52 today, 18.3 yesterday and 48.11 on Saturday.  101.93 for the weekend.

1691.5 miles 55,791 feet climbed for the year.  

My goal was to ride more this year, I'm almost double last year's 943 miles.  So I've got that.

I'm teaching myself more routes and found some nice hills on Saturday.  Indian Hill Rd and Given Rd are great to ride on but some of the drivers are dicks or morons so I've got to ride early to avoid most of them.  I rode in the pouring rain this morning. the last eight were in a soaker.  I got wet, nothing worse happened.  The drivers seem more forgiving in the rain.  Brakes don't work as well wet but I knew that before it started raining.  I'm going to wash the bike and lube the chain now.  Peace.

• Heart 3

Bosox, that is a TON of miles.  Even if it is not your goal, or it is slower you should still be proud.

I've ridden 836 miles with 30.492 feet of climbing.  This is miserable.  Pitiful riding year.  Going to see if I can hit 2 K for the year. 

And I have run 12.9 miles for the year. :blush:

Today we did a family ride 10 on the tandem.  then G and I ran a few.

• Heart 1