Covid..inability to donate cycling stuff

shootingstar

Covid is putting a serious damper on non-profit bike co-ops in big cities where one could donate bike gear, helmets, jackets..   I have dearie's stuff to consider eventually.  I don't think some of those organizations are functioning during covid much, if at all. 

Yet, more people are cycling now...and some cities have closed  a few key major roads for cyclists because car traffic is much light. So repurpose all that road pavement to healthier use..

Note:  I'm not keen to sell on kiji or wherever.  Just don't want to be bothered to deal with strangers directly and hope they won't ride away with a bike on their trial spin.

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

Covid is putting a serious damper on non-profit bike co-ops in big cities where one could donate bike gear, helmets, jackets..   I have dearie's stuff to consider eventually.  I don't think some of those organizations are functioning during covid much, if at all. 

Yet, more people are cycling now...and some cities have closed  a few key major roads for cyclists because car traffic is much light. So repurpose all that road pavement to healthier use..

Note:  I'm not keen to sell on kiji or wherever.  Just don't want to be bothered to deal with strangers directly and hope they won't ride away with a bike on their trial spin.

I sold 4 bikes last month on Facebook Marketplace. No face to face contact.  All deals were paid in advance via e-transfer with a same day return agreement.   I hate Facebook but the Marketplace is tough to beat. 

27 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I sold 4 bikes last month on Facebook Marketplace. No face to face contact.  All deals were paid in advance via e-transfer with a same day return agreement.   I hate Facebook but the Marketplace is tough to beat. 

I've never used Facebook ...yet.  How many bikes do have for self?

I think his children have used FB, but they aren't cyclists and wouldn't know well, what deal the other person was trying to strike, if the price was fair.  Yes...honest I would be in better position with the many years of visiting bike shops and owning/buying gear for self and him as gifts.

Maybe later lst I'll ask if 1-2 helmets for grandsons (when they get older) to use eventually or as keepsakes.  Dearie was pleased a bike bought for lst grandson 10 yrs. ago, is now enthusiastically adopted by 2nd grandson.... so cycling joy is passing on which is lovely to see in any extended family. 

I just gave away four totes of yarn that my wife had packed away. Most of the yarn was in pastel colors for making baby blankets. I posted it on Facebook last night on my regular feed. Within ten minutes it was all spoken for. A lady is going to make baby blankets for the hospital with it.

• Awesome 2