Jump to content
Square Wheels Cycling

Recommended Posts

I am reading a recipe to make traditional Yiddish borscht. It calls for a couple pounds of flanken beef. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


I don't think Franklin will be happy if you take his beef, or is it you have a beef with Franklin?? 

either way.. it just does not sound healthy 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They had to edit so the recipe would be rated PG. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is normally a tough fatty meat, most commonly beef short rib.   Traditional flanken is cut across the bones rather than separating the bones. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

It is normally a tough fatty meat, most commonly beef short rib.   Traditional flanken is cut across the bones rather than separating the bones. 

That makes sense. Very inexpensive meat with some bone would be correct for traditional borsch. Thank you. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Airehead said:

I am reading a recipe to make traditional Yiddish borscht. It calls for a couple pounds of flanken beef. 

I assume that's "flank steak," a great-tasting, relatvely low-priced, unappreciated cut of steak.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I assume that's "flank steak," a great-tasting, relatvely low-priced, unappreciated cut of steak.

I googled it-- short ribs more like it

 

http://gutomgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/IMG_5860-826x1024.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

http://gutomgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/IMG_5860-826x1024.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...