I'm in sad shape

Square Wheels

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I did a 38 mile ride.  I'm pooped, more pooped than I should be.  This is sad, I am pathetic.  If you want to disown me, I'll understand.

I'm glad you said it so I don't have to. You are an embarrassment to the biking community. Likewise you should be ashamed.

• Whatever 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

there is a razor thin line between smartass and asshole.

I've always had trouble balancing that point. But I thought it was safe when you consider the source. I mean you're talking to a guy happy to get 25 in on an e-bike. I'm pretty sure he knows I'm full of it. He better because I don't think I'm an arse. Just fooling around SWC. 38 miles is nothing to dismiss.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Yup @UglyBob all my trainer session everything I do is to "age gracefully"..and after 3 months of sitting on my azz in recovery..gracefully ain't happening :P But I will fight back.

No way I'm growing old gracefully either. They're going to have to drag me out of this world kicking and screaming. 

• Awesome 1

Last year I was still in the thick of things on our group rides. I had my best year riding since before my daughter got cancer. I was carrying it into fall and winter with fat bike rides on gravel roads in the dark after work. 
Then I got Covid just before Christmas. Luckily, not too terrible for me. But recovery was taking time. Then we had horrible weather in February and March. My Covid vaccine shots got me a bit. The last couple weeks have been gradual improvement, but I am still nowhere close to the condition I was in last year. I had to bail a couple miles early on the group ride last Tuesday. My best ride this year was 30 miles and it was ugly! 
Hang in. It will come. 

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

I spent 7 hours in the sun on an asphalt drag strip today.  I am lobster style t shirt sunburned.  I know how you feel wheels.  I am cooked, medium well.  All I did was 924 feet.

How far is that in scale miles?

I'm out of shape, too. I got another eyestrain headache and felt exhausted after reading reviews on over-the-range microwaves with external-fan-exhaust that I took pictures of at a couple Lowe's, a couple Home Depots, Best Buy and Ikea, knowing that the ones I like best are probably unavailable for months.

I also found out that a first cousin of mine who lives in Las Vegas died of COVID on March 12, the son just figuring out yesterday how to get in touch with us.  She used to work at a higher-level job for Social Security and flew into D.C. for meetings from time-to-time.  I'd pick her up at her hotel and our family would take her to dinner, an Orioles game, etc. but I haven't seen her for at least 17 years, though we stayed in email contact at least once a year.

That's 2 cousins, 1 aunt, and almost my sister 2x.  I'm glad I'm vaccinated: my family history doesn't promise much built-in biological protection.

So I didn't get my list done for the contractor of several of each remaining major appliance, hoping that one is available - that's today's job.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I did a 38 mile ride.  I'm pooped, more pooped than I should be.  This is sad, I am pathetic.  If you want to disown me, I'll understand.

If we disown you, do we at least first get your stuff?  If not, toughen up, buttercup! This place is for the cycling GODS, not a bunch of soft mamby pamby "I did 38 miles and want to cry" types.  We want to hear about your epic duel with the mountain.  Or the way you crushed the soul of the group as you grabbed every sprint to the line. Or how you, despite rain, sleet, a foot of snow, and a fierce headwind, took 13 KOMs and even made the local pros weep.  Or you warped your cranks through your supernatural power exceeding any specs the manufacturer could ever have imagined might be placed upon them. Or you stopped mid-ride to help deliver a foal in a pasture followed by a marriage proposal from some Croatian supermodel who thought you looked liked a younger and more handsome Brad Pitt and who liked your ass in lycra.  Or you lost your shifting 5 minutes into the ride (damn SRAM batteries!), but knew 10,000' in elevation was easily doable in biggie-smalls (for you), and 38 miles was just the amuse-bouche for the day, so you ground away and just lived with a cadence in the low 70s instead of you normal hummingbird-like spin. Or...

FTR...I rode 0.0 miles this weekend.  That means you were infinitely more productive on the bike than I was, and I am envious.  Keep it up and 38 will not feel so bad (at the same pace) or it will hurt just as much but you'll do it faster :)

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Clearly I need to ride more.  I only have 456 miles this year.   In years gone past, I would have believed I could have easily doubled that 38 mile ride.  It could just have been a bad day too.  I let Garmin pick a 30ish mile route for me.  When I got close to home, I felt OK and decided to add on another 10.  Garmin lost its mind at least 50 times trying to reroute me.  

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Dots used to blow up that poor coffee shop's loo!  Ah, the good old days where Dottles would post photos of strangers in coffee shops :D

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0271/7209/files/spies-in-coffee-shop-death-wish.jpg?v=1578927639

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I get another echocardiogram next month. If I live that long. Not feeling well at all.

Worn down (VERY understandable) or specific to the heart issues?  Take it easy if you can.  Pleasant weather is on the way and hopefully you can get some peace for a bit after a long stretch of tough times.

• Awesome 2

On 5/9/2021 at 5:36 AM, Square Wheels said:

To prove how sad I am, the wife is doing 45 from home.  I'll ride 10 or 15 with her, then turn around.

She's even making me carry extra water bottles for her.  Now I'm her bitch.

Did you decide to hammer along with her? Did you drop her or she drop you????  Don't tease us!!!