Did I Miss The Kentucky Derby Discussion?

Razors Edge

I just saw this.  I was wondering how it will play out with betting monies.  Will those who bet on the runner up now get paid out?  What if they dont have their tickets now?

Will those who cashed out have to repay money back?  How will that work.  So many questions.  

8 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I just saw this.  I was wondering how it will play out with betting monies.  Will those who bet on the runner up now get paid out?  What if they dont have their tickets now?

Will those who cashed out have to repay money back?  How will that work.  So many questions.  

According to this article, nothing changes.

Bob Heleringer, author of “Equine Regulatory Law,” told The Courier Journal when the owners of Maximum Security were attempting to overturn that horse’s disqualification as the 2019 Kentucky Derby winner that once a race is official, the betting results are final, regardless of mistakes by the track or an appeal.

He called it “one of the most irrevocable standards in racing” and said it is the law in every state.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

13 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Note, as I stated before, my wife was not happy about the winning trainer. He has never been one of her favorites.

He protests his innocence.  Coincidently he has been involved in 30 doping allegations. 

His claim.........the testing science isn't good enough.

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

He protests his innocence.  Coincidently he has been involved in 30 doping allegations. 

His claim.........the testing science isn't good enough.

He should lead with the "I'm the most tested trainer in the sport", and go from there.  Jeebus, this horse racing stuff IS exciting!!!