petitepedal

24 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Ok..1843..my math was off..17 days til my Birthday plus 5 years..and ther will be at least 1 leap day in there..

You count weekends and holidays?  I suggest, to bring the number down to something bite-sizes and less formidable, you go more with a standard 250 work days per year, minus your usual vacation and sick days, so maybe 1,175 work days to go??? WOOT WOOT!!!! Almost 50% reduction!

27 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Ok..1843..my math was off..17 days til my Birthday plus 5 years..and ther will be at least 1 leap day in there..

Hang in there..You Can Do It!!

39 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

How do you figure that? I am one year younger than you are. 66 years and 10 months for me is 4 years and 10 months from now. March 1, 2026 is my target; that is 1,763 days. Your date ought to be March 1, 2025, 1,398 days. I could be wrong but...

After I announced my retirement to my fellow teachers, I'd walk down one of the hallways and some teachers teaching classes would look out their classroom doorways, smile and shake 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 fingers at me.

The teenagers would ask me later why their teacher was shaking fingers at me.  I told them they were telling me how many more years they had until they retired.

I was surprised how many did that, which was partly because the staff was older in general and partly because of the frustration that new federal and board-of-ed policies had reduced the ability to teach to high standards.  Five years after I retired, only 10 of 142 teachers were still on the staff and the school lost so many of us with advanced teacher certificates that it lost it's status as magnet-school for the north half of the county, where gifted kids from the 5 other northern county schools spent part of the day there every other day.

14 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I think I might be doing it wrong.  I did get in the one medical visit though, and dealt with some medical bills.  Aetna decided that since I turned 65 they would just stop paying my medical bills. Didn't stop collecting the premiums though. :rolleyes:

Once I got Medicare Parts A and B, most of my bills are paid by Medicare with BCBS picking up the rest.  I also get a rebate from BCBS, since I pay extra for Medicare Part B.

There are about 260 work days in a year not counting vacation--  last year I took 7 vacation days but worked two holidays so 255. 1020 might be the most I can stick this out.

January: 22 working days.
February: 20.
March: 23.
April: 20.
May: 23.
June: 22.
July: 21.
August: 23.
September: 21.
October: 22.
November: 22.
December: 21.

1 minute ago, Rattlecan said:

Maybe a little bit. But I'm so busy now, I don't know how I ever had time to work.

That's the way I feel. 

I'm enjoying working on my motorcycles and biking