Wilbur, I've made a decision but would appreciate your input

AirwickWithCheese

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I would go to Secretariat's grave to pay homage to his greatness.  I got to meet Speightstown which was really cool.  I always thought Union Rags would be a horse to see in person for sheer beauty.

What about the 2015 Triple Crown winner or that beautiful black female horse from around 2009?  It's sometimes depressing to get the updated news.   :(

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Live isn't always better.  I walked for hours in a cold November rain through Pere Lechaise Cemetery to see Jim Morrisons grave.  I wouldn't cross the street to see Kid Rock.  :) 

Both are weasels. Why in the world would you visit Morrison's grave? You are an important man and above such absurdity.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Damn it, now I want a corn dog!  Anyone got some change?

Speaking of corn dogs, have you tried any of the Korean versions yet. They look interesting but the good Korean restaurants that have them are 30 miles away and I’d have to find something bland and uninteresting for Wo7 to eat. Too Much trouble I will live vicariously through you.

• Heart 1

So I worked in a harness race horse stable as a teenager and can vouch that horses have personalities, and it seems the more race in the horse, the more personality. I am always surprised by how mellow the horses are with all the activity around them, but maybe at that level the horses are used to attention

Did I ever tell you about my experience with saddle horses ?

I was young and new to horses, barely got settled in the saddle and the beast took to bucking. I lost my grip and flew off the side but my boot was tangled in the stirrup! I was hanging off the enraged stallion, getting slammed by each stride! I thought my young life ending early, snuffed before I even hit my stride  :(

Thank God the Kmart manager was paying attention and ran over and pulled the plug on the murderous beast....

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2