My niece is a nurse!

jsharr

Congrats to her - educated and so good looking, too!

I did a quick look-up of McNeese's program and to become a Registered Nurse (RN) there requires a BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) where some places award an RN without the degree.  THAT is great and can be very important for her future!

I had a girlfriend named Lola who was a nurse, a University of Maryland School of Nursing bachelor's degree graduate, when my younger sister, Donna, was still in high school and wanted to become a nurse.  Donna wanted to do the three year program at Union Memorial Hospital because it was famous for treating the Baltimore Colts and Orioles - but the program ended with an RN but no BSN.

Lola told Donna, "Do NOT go to Union Memorial.  If you don't get that bachelor's degree you're going to find yourself passed up for promotions throughout your career."

So Donna followed Lola's example and went to and graduated from U of MD School of Nursing, got a nursing position at the USA's #1 rated Johns Hopkins Hospital, was eventually promoted to Coordinator of Bone Marrow Transplants, then was selected as senior assistant to Dr. Rob Brodsky when he was promoted to head of cancer (and later COVID) research.  Donna went nights to get her Master's from John Hopkins U to solidify that position, and retired a couple decades a later from that position - all those promotions and a nice six-figure salary and nice pension made possible by starting out with that BSN degree!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1