How many houses?

Airehead

I just read that the average number of houses that people live in is 11.  What is your house count?  I would count apartments, condos, single family homes as your living dwelling.  Don't count dormitories and vans down by the river.

My count is 13

• Heart 2

In my entire  life 4 houses 3 apartments and 1 loft

Born in a house on Dumont in Richardson.

Moved to house on William Way in Richardson

Moved to house on Mockingbird Lane in Edmond Oklahoma

Moved to house on Canyon Ridge in Richardson

College years

Loft on Elm Street in Dallas

Apartment on Walnut Hill in Dallas

Apartment on Oak Street in Wylie Texas

Apartment on Meadowcreek in Dallas

House on Canyon Ridge in Richardson.

There may have been a stop in Tyler Texas and Lafayette Indiana when I was a toddler.  I do not rememember those houses.  Strangely, I do remember the fence at the house I was born in and years later could describe it to my mother.  We even drove past to verify.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I just read that the average number of houses that people live in is 11.  What is your house count?  I would count apartments, condos, single family homes as your living dwelling.  Don't count dormitories and vans down by the river.

My count is 13

Not counting the college dorm or 2 college apartments or the college fraternity or my aunt's house in Wilkes-Barre, PA where I've spent some summers, I've lived in three:  my parents' house, the house I bought, then my late parents house I where bought out my siblings shares and downsized to it after I retired, and the apartment I've been in for 14 months while the burned house is being rebuilt.

I've only ever had two different official addresses.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

St Jude Hospital for Women, downtown Baltimore. Lived in Phoenix and Bel Air. Moved to So Cal when I was five. 

My grandparents moved from DC to Bethesda.  As a kid we lived in Jarretsville for a short time before we went full time back to the shore.

Born at Springwood. One apt in college. Two apartments after college. Rented two houses after college. Bought my house that abuts Springwood, lived there for a long time. Now back at Springwood. 

So that puts my total at either 7 or 8 depending on if I count Springwood once or twice. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Do I count the apartment we rented for 5 months while finishing the house we were building?

If so 1 apartment and 4 houses.

I say yes count it if you moved furniture in

2 hours ago, donkpow said:

When we say "lived in", what kind of time frame are we talking? Like, do one night stands count? (Asking for somebody else who doesn't like to talk about his personal life on the internet.)

Lett's clarify as moving the majority of your stuff in versus just sleeping there... after that length doesn't count

10 minutes ago, Allen said:

Born at Springwood. One apt in college. Two apartments after college. Rented two houses after college. Bought my house that abuts Springwood, lived there for a long time. Now back at Springwood. 

So that puts my total at either 7 or 8 depending on if I count Springwood once or twice. 

I would count it once as it was the same house so 7

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Preface: Not a military family.

I moved to Florida the night after my graduation from High School. I was 18. The trailer I rented and stayed in for 18 months while I got my bearings in FL was home number 19.

Count the apartments, condos and the home the wife and I are in now we are up to:

Graduation was 20 years ago and I've lived in the current home 8/9 years. So I've stuck with the move every year or so for most of my life. I plan on staying in this home until I'm dead or it is washed out to sea. It's a race!