So how many Catch-22s do you encounter per day?

Ralphie

Haven't thought about but I'm sure there's been a few.  The term "a catch-22" comes from the book of the same name and if I remember correctly (I read it but the details are fuzzy a half century later) the pilots tried to get out of flying more and more B-17 missions than their promised max. by claiming insanity but you would only be declared insane if you wanted to fly more missions: not wanting to fly them proved you're sane.

An example of a catch-22 is, "I couldn't start my own business until I have got money, and I couldn't get the money until I start my own business."

image.png

5 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Haven't thought about but I'm sure there's been a few.  The term "a catch-22" comes from the book of the same name and if I remember correctly (I read it but the details are fuzzy a half century later) the pilots tried to get out of flying more and more B-17 missions than their promised max. by claiming insanity but you would only be declared insane if you wanted to fly more missions: not wanting to fly them proved you're sane.

An example of a catch-22 is, "I couldn't start my own business until I have got money, and I couldn't get the money until I start my own business."

image.png

A64B3D45-4286-4F9C-B9B5-E9E86D091555.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Kind of like wanting to make a post about too many threads, but you have to start another thread in order to complain about too many?  :D

Exactly!  Today it is the form for HSA deductions is very confusing so I need to complete it to get my taxes in but it makes no sense. :(

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

Like I would ever get through. :D

That is how I got two different answers to the same question. First call I left a message. Second call I got through and got an answer. First one called back so I asked the same question and got a different answer. I picked the beneficial answer. Even the IRS doesn't know.