Jump to content
Square Wheels Cycling

So how many Catch-22s do you encounter per day?


Recommended Posts



Haven't thought about but I'm sure there's been a few.  The term "a catch-22" comes from the book of the same name and if I remember correctly (I read it but the details are fuzzy a half century later) the pilots tried to get out of flying more and more B-17 missions than their promised max. by claiming insanity but you would only be declared insane if you wanted to fly more missions: not wanting to fly them proved you're sane.

An example of a catch-22 is, "I couldn't start my own business until I have got money, and I couldn't get the money until I start my own business."

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just end up with holes in my hands whenever I try to catch 22s 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Haven't thought about but I'm sure there's been a few.  The term "a catch-22" comes from the book of the same name and if I remember correctly (I read it but the details are fuzzy a half century later) the pilots tried to get out of flying more and more B-17 missions than their promised max. by claiming insanity but you would only be declared insane if you wanted to fly more missions: not wanting to fly them proved you're sane.

An example of a catch-22 is, "I couldn't start my own business until I have got money, and I couldn't get the money until I start my own business."

image.png

 

A64B3D45-4286-4F9C-B9B5-E9E86D091555.jpeg

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of like wanting to make a post about too many threads, but you have to start another thread in order to complain about too many?  :D

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Kind of like wanting to make a post about too many threads, but you have to start another thread in order to complain about too many?  :D

Exactly!  Today it is the form for HSA deductions is very confusing so I need to complete it to get my taxes in but it makes no sense. :(

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Exactly!  Today it is the form for HSA deductions is very confusing so I need to complete it to get my taxes in but it makes no sense. :(

 

Call the IRS twice. You'll get two different answers. Pick the one you like.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philander Seabury said:

Like I would ever get through. :D

 

That is how I got two different answers to the same question. First call I left a message. Second call I got through and got an answer. First one called back so I asked the same question and got a different answer. I picked the beneficial answer. Even the IRS doesn't know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2021 at 8:27 AM, Philander Seabury said:

I need to strap it onto a cat’s back. :D

 

That may provide a physics paradox to think about.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...