It’s cold and rainy and dreary, and I’m tired of eating healthy food and my bike hasn’t come yet and

Longjohn
Go to solution Solved by Longjohn,

Donate that unopened stuff...

You can have a non healthy treat..but back to business tomorrow.

And no self medicating  or I will send RG out there to paddle your azz ( you would enjoy it too much if any of us forum ladies showed up to do that) 

Tomorrow make a trip to your local garden store and plant a tree for Esther.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

And no self medicating  or I will send RG out there to paddle your azz

I learned about self medicating from the hospice people. They have a lot of leeway when working with dying people. So far I haven’t noticed any difference from the happy pill. I can’t get refills so it would be a short term thing anyway.

Do not be afraid to talk to your doctor about a short term dose of happy pills that play well with your heart.  Your situation is one that likely warrants a little assistance.   It will help you sleep more restful, regain some energy, and generally help you get through some painful days.

I also vote for donating unopened supplies to a shelter.  It is difficult for homeless women to get things like razors.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Can you hang out with them awesome grand kids anytime soon?  They always seem to cheer you up.  

I’m planning on driving over on Sunday. I’ll go to their church where my son is worship leader and then go back to their house and meet the new grand dog.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’m planning on driving over on Sunday. I’ll go to their church where my son is worship leader and then go back to their house and meet the new grand dog.

Something to look forward to!  

Cleaning out Esthers belongings has got to be hard. My mom left my dads closet untouched for years, maybe a decade even before she could get herself to let it go.  Some of his things never left the house. Hang in there. 

• Heart 2

24 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

You can have a non healthy treat..but back to business tomorrow.

I was all set to grill a black angus burger that was raised behind my house when I saw a package of beef, bean, and cheese burritos in the freezer. Those would be easier so I nuked three of them. They were awful. I threw two of them in the trash. Ny son must have bought them when he stayed with me after Esther passed. No wonder he didn’t eat them.🤮

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I was all set to grill a black angus burger that was raised behind my house when I saw a package of beef, bean, and cheese burritos in the freezer. Those would be easier so I nuked three of them. They were awful. I threw two of them in the trash. Ny son must have bought them when he stayed with me after Esther passed. No wonder he didn’t eat them.🤮

I ate a lot of these back in my broke days.  Sometimes I get them for 3 $1 at the LGS for ole time sake.  They are the only frozen burrito I’ll eat.3C44FC05-C947-4493-8EC8-0DE981CAEC93.jpeg.5c293b09f903961bf934171db387fbc1.jpeg

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I ate a lot of these back in my broke days.  Sometimes I get them for 3 $1 at the LGS for ole time sake.  They are the only frozen burrito I’ll eat.3C44FC05-C947-4493-8EC8-0DE981CAEC93.jpeg.5c293b09f903961bf934171db387fbc1.jpeg

I have had those, they are pretty good. The one I ate tonight was yuck.

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I am guessing prostitution isn't the answer here.  When is the bike scheduled to arrive?

Jordan, the guy that sold me the bike keeps telling me they will ship it tomorrow.

He sent me this on Monday:

Hey John,

We originally were set to ship you out last week but we changed your size from L to XL so that added just a couple extra days to swap those components over to the larger frame.

Austin and Alex (our mechanics) should be able to get you built and shipped out by end of day tomorrow :)

We are stoked for you brother!

Jordan

• Heart 1

53 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I learned about self medicating from the hospice people. They have a lot of leeway when working with dying people. So far I haven’t noticed any difference from the happy pill. I can’t get refills so it would be a short term thing anyway.

Can you medicate with beer?

4 hours ago, Dottles said:

But you may want to drink more caffeine

I actually bought some full strength coffee and I mix it two scoops of it to one scoop of the half cafe I have been drinking. My blood pressure is so low I could probably switch to Bustass coffee, the coffee with nine times the caffeine of regular office blends. My diastolic number is the one that is dangerously low. I don’t know how to improve that. Maybe ride a bike? My blood pressure this morning was 112/51

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

26 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I actually bought some full strength coffee and I mix it two scoops of it to one scoop of the half cafe I have been drinking. My blood pressure is so low I could probably switch to Bustass coffee, the coffee with nine times the caffeine of regular office blends. My diastolic number is the one that is dangerously low. I don’t know how to improve that. Maybe ride a bike? My blood pressure this morning was 112/51

But I'm sure it doesn't live there. My advice is to raise your blood pressure by jumping in that relationship between @Kzoo and @jsharr and raise some hell like @Razors Edge. Tell jsharr that pasty Jerry Jones is God and tell Kzoo you know a thing or two about lawns. Then just at the right moment, make sure you tell them they're liberal commies who don't know anything about football. 

That ought to get your measurements back up.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1